III. Oh*

Warning: sexual content.

Elijah lazily lounged in his car, watching the many different people come in and out of the hospital. The occasional people being pushed in wheel chairs with babies in their laps, others simply walking in and out with frowns or blank faces.

Taking one last look at the time, he got out the car, shutting and locking it behind himself. He walked into the building, going straight for the waiting room and sat in the seat closest to him, putting him next to a guy with a dark blue cast on his hand. The guy briefly looked up from his phone, nodding at him in acknowledgement.

Five minutes passed. Then, ten. And, fifteen. Elijah waited and waited until he could see Nadia emerging from a corridor with an elderly patient by her side. She bid the old man goodbye, picking her clipboard off a desk counter.

Nadia looked down at clipboard in her hand, eyes scanning through the long list of names. "Mark Peters?" She called out to the full room of waiting people, some more patient than others. She had yet to see Elijah, but his eyes were set on her.

Some guy stood up, a dust bin clutched to his chest, looking like he could vomit at any given moment. While he walked over, she checked his name off the list, looking up to finally see Elijah.

She saw a nurse walking by, calling out the man's name to get his attention. "Could you please help Mr Peters to room 112?" The man nodded and Nadia gave him a grateful look. "Thank you".

With that taken care of, Nadia began walking up to Elijah. He stood up as well, meeting her half way.

"Seems like we keep running into each other". Elijah simply shrugged, a small smile playing on his lips. "Anyway, what brings you here?"

Elijah pointed behind him at the guy he was sitting with earlier. "My friend is finally taking off his cast". But, that wasn't his friend. Elijah didn't even so much as know his name.

Although, she didn't need to know that.

They continued with mindless friendly chatter, talking about anything and everything that came to mind. Elijah constantly jumping from topic to topic, Nadia could barely keep up.

But, if he's completely honest, even he didn't know what they were talking about. Elijah was way too preoccupied watching her lips move with each response she gave.

"Do you know where the washroom is?" He suddenly asked.

Nadia took a brief look around, humming, "uh yeah, there's one over — "

He cut her off. "Could you show me instead? I'm the worst with following directions".

Nodding, "okay," she trailed off, noticing the odd look in his eye.

Elijah put his hand out, letting her grab a hold of his as she led him down a narrow corridor. But, he tugged at her hand, pulling her in the opposite direction.

He stopped them in front of a supply closet full of latex gloves, lab coats, extra syringes and things of that nature. "Open it". Nadia pulled a small set of keys out of her dress pocket and unlocked the door, leading Elijah into the surprisingly spacious room, closing the door behind them.

Elijah blindly reached for a light switch, blinking to adjust to the sudden change once he did. Nadia shyly looked up at him, "hi".