9- a tour through red base

Felix is just about to open the door when someone pulls it open.

"Good morning," Donut squeals loudly.

Felix almost jumps back in shock, but he just manages to pull himself together. Felix notices that he has become much more nervous since his fall on Chorus.

"Damn it, what are you doing here? Why did you appear here so suddenly?" Felix says grumpily and stares up at Donut, who is almost a head taller than him.

Donut is carrying his red helmet under his arm. Compared to yesterday, he looks like the normal friendly Donut again. His blond hair is perfectly styled and shiny from the masses of hair gel he always uses.

Felix gets kind of jealous. He really needs some hairgel too, to style his wonderful hair. Maybe he can steal some from Donut.

Donut is not impressed by Felix's annoyed tone. "Nice to see you. In fact, I was just about to wake you up. Grif and Simmons want to do the tour of the base before the Sargent gets back and also before breakfast. How about it, are you ready?" he says.

Felix doesn't mind. In fact a tour sounds wuite nice. Maybe he can find a few good hiding places in the base that will come in handy later. So he nods. "That sounds great, go ahead."

Donut takes him to the roof of the base. Grif and Simmons are sitting there in the sun. Like Donut, they have taken off their helmets.

Grif is lying on his back, his arms folded behind his head as a pillow. He has his eyes closed and is snoring softly. Felix notices that Grif's black-brown hair is shorter than he remembers. The younger Grif's hair is just long enough for him to tie it into a short ponytail.

Simmons is sitting next to Grif. He has a notebook in his hand. But Felix can't make out what he's writing in it. Simmons' green eyes widen in horror when he notices Donut and Felix and he quickly closes the notebook. He wants to put it away, but it slips out of his hands. Simmons picks it up and looks up at Felix and Donut with a bright red head. (What do you think Simmons is writing? Write your answer in the comments)

"Good morning, I definitely didn't write anything weird. So erm, I'm definitely just sitting here guarding the base." Simmons stammers and runs his fingers through his messy red hair.

"Wonderful, now that we're all gathered here, we can start the tour of the base." Donut shouts out loud and claps his hands happily.

Grif wakes up and rubs his eyes. "Is it really about time, come on another five minutes. Or just go off without me." Grif sighs and yawns.

"Not an option. You've been asleep far too long. It should have been your turn to watch the blues. Besides, you should at least make an effort in front of the new one, do you want to make a bad impression?" Simmons argues. He pulls on Grif's arm as if he wants to drag him along. But Grif is far too heavy for Simmons.

Nevertheless, Grif gives in. "All right, I'll get up," he grumbles. He stands up and stretches extensively.

"So you're Felix. Now we're finally getting to know each other properly." Simmons nods at Felix.

" Right, and who are you two? We haven't been officially introduced yet." Felix replies, although he obviously knows who is standing in front of him.

"I'm Simmons and this is Grif. If you have any questions, you can always ask us. We've been here in Blood Gulch for a while now. But one of our team is still missing, he will arrive later" explains Simmons.

"Exactly, I've already said that." Donut interrupts him. Simmons frowns for a moment, as if a little offended.

Then they leave the roof together. Grif and Simmons put on their helmets on the way down.