6- nighttime adventure

Even though he doesn't know how long he has been unconscious, Felix is sure that it must be evening by now. He decides that he has to find a watch soon. Maybe even a calendar. It would be useful to know exactly what year he ended up in.

He hears the doors to the quarters next to him clatter. So are they all in their quarters? Felix hopes, that they are going to sleep. But since he can't be sure, he waits a while.

Felix can't get any rest. He goes to the small mirror and stares at the reflection. He has dark circles under his eyes. Otherwise he looks as handsome as ever.But the bandage on his forehead almost makes it look, as if he also is one of the idiotic red and blue ones. Ridiculous.

Annoyed, he rips the bandage off. With a little too much force. Sharp pain shoots through his forehead. He looks at the wound. It has indeed been stitched up, but definitely not by someone, who knows anything about medicine. Donut has used a strange pattern of zigzag stitches. Nevertheless, it's not sloppy work, I'll give Donut that, he thinks The pattern almost looks like a modern work of art.

Unfortunatly the wound is quite large. Felix fears that it will leave a scar. His beautiful face, oh no. On the other hand, he thinks, scars are cool. And if someone asks him where he got it, he can tell them that he defeated a tank all by himself without weapons. He is lookig forward to the reaction of others, when they hear of his heroic fight.

He puts the bandage back on. But he uses a lot less of the material. Satisfied, he realizes that he no longer looks as ridiculous as before.

He thinks about his life in the future, that is now his past. Why couldnt he just win? He would have made a lot of money. After that he would just forget about the people on chorus and lived on. Then he thinks about whether anyone would have missed him in the future. Did they also forget him, in the timeline of the future, if a timeline like that actually exists?

Locus perhaps? No, Locus betrayed him. Will he regret it in a few days, weeks or even years? The inhabitants of Chorus certainly won't miss him either. Except maybe Kimball. For a brief moment, Felix wonders what would have happened if he hadn't deceived all of them. What if he had honestly fought for Chorus. Would things have turned out differently for him?

Felix growls in frustration. Why is he thinking so much about this? He's still alive and can change everything. That's all that matters.

But what should he do now? The room is as good as empty. There is nothing for him to occupy himself with. Since he can't think of anything, he starts to pace back and forth in frustration.

He is not feeling particularly well. He quickly realizes this as he walks arround a little while. Every now and then, his vision blurs briefly and one chair suddenly becomes two or three. But when he blinks a few times, it returns to normal. But Felix doesn't care. He can't sleep anyway. Besides, he's far too upset to just lie down for a few hours. And he wants to leave soon anyway.

At some point, Felix can't stand waiting any longer. He must have been pacing back and forth in the small room for hours. He can't stand another minute with so many red and blue ones in the same Canyon as he is. One of them has to go.

What he needs now is a disguise and a weapon.Then he will pay the blues a visit.

First, Felix takes off his armor. It is very comfortable and he would prefer a bit of protection when he goes into enemy territory, but the shape of his equipment is too different from that of the Reds and Blues. They would recognize him instantly. 

He also takes the bed sheet with him to be on the safe side, perhaps he can cut it into pieces to cover his face. He doesn't plan to be discovered, but better safe than sorry. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a cloaking generator like Locus. His shield is completely useless for a mission like this. Sometimes he wished, he changed his device with Locus.

Next, he stealthily leaves his room. The corridors of the red base are only sparsely lit. That's a good sign.

Since he knows where the Reds' quarters are, Felix also knows which doors to avoid. He didn't see everything when he arrived here, but he remembers where the kitchen is.

The kitchen is small, there is a tiny stove, but it looks almost unused. On the walls are a lot of shelves. He opens a few until he finds what he's looking for. A knife.

It's just a simple kitchen knife. Still, knives remain one of Felix's favorite weapons.

Throwing them looks cool and stylish.

Afterwards, he leaves the base. On the way out, he still doesn't see anyone. Felix shakes his head in disbelief. There isn't even a door in the red base and no one is keeping watch. Idiots...

He almost laughs. He had just tried so hard, to sneak around. Instead, he could have walked out and the red ones would probably have slept through it.

The blue base finally comes into view. The long walk was quite exhausting. Felix's headache has got worse in the meantime. But he plans to go through with the plan today.

It's time to change into his disguise. Felix thinks about cutting up the bed sheet. The problem is that he only has one. So he doesn't want to ruin it entirely.

Then he has a bizarre idea. What if he just throws it over his head and cuts small holes in it for his eyes? Just like a ghost. Kind of idiotic. On the other hand, it could be that the blue ones, as stupid as they are, actually believe he's a ghost if they see him.

Why not? Felix shrugs his shoulders and gets to work. Now it's no longer Felix walking across the canyon meadow, but a bright white ghost.

Someone is at the entrance to the blue base.

Caboose is sitting in a garden chair and snoring quietly. Is he just pretending, Felix wonders.

"Hey Caboose, I'm here to fix your tank." Felix says quietly. But there is no response. Very good. Caboose is actually asleep. Otherwise he would have jumped up in joy or wondered why a ghost was standing next to him. Felix isn't sure which is more likely, because Caboose is unpredictable.

Felix can simply walk into the blue base. He sneaks through the base. Past the hiding place for the crate of food he planted at the blue base, all the way to the quarters. His vision blurs as he tries to open one of the doors. He reaches for nothing instead of grabbing the door handle. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. Should he go back. Before he has made a decision. He hears a clatter behind him.

"Ah, a ghost," someone screeches in a high-pitched voice.

Behind him is a blue. A shattered cup that once held coffee or tea lies in front of the blue, on the floor. Felix can barely make out the color of the blues armor in the dim light.

Is it Caboose? Has Caboose woken up? No, the color of the armor is too bright. It must be someone else. It's either Tucker or Church.

"Don't come near me," the person in front of him stammers distraught.

Felix pulls the knife from under his disguise and takes a step towards him.

.......................

Things dont look good for the blues. What will happen to the poor blue in front of Felix? Find out in the next chapter.