The birthday party (2)

"I love you so much Kya"Lin face was all red.
"I love you too but..."
pls don't tell me "not that way"
"I have a girlfriend already"

Lin's heart broke.

She pushed herself away from the older girl watching her. "I'm sorry, I thought you...That we...I...You never" Lin panicked walking all around in the room. Kya stopped her, scared that Lin would run away AGAIN. "Hey it fine, you didn't even knew about my situation. Could we sit and talk about all this ? About us ?" Lin nodded sitting on Kya's bed.

"The night you kissed me and left, you broke my heart yet you made me so happy. I almost always crushed on you. But you kissed me and leaved, I didn't know how to take this, I thought you was just scared of your feelings and that you would come back but you just avoided me. Some moment later I started dating that girl, she's my age and she's an earthbender, her name is Sela..." Lin nodded understanding that she fucked up. "I was scared being with her first, so we just flirted together, for one all year, I was too scared to commit officially... And she waited for me to be ready, I was so deeply attached and In love with you." Kya had tears in her eyes "But it not the case anymore, I got it, it fine Kya." Lin hugged the girl wiping her tears away.

"Kya" a new voice entered the room. The both girl took a step in opposite way. Lin saw a tall, white skin, dark hair woman. Her eyes was hypnotically green, turning a bit to the blue. "Yes ?" Kya kept a straight posture "Katara told me you was there, so I came... I didn't know you was with someone", the three of them looked at each other. "Uh yea, Sela this Lin, Lin this is Sela...we were just talking ." the waterebender cleared her throat as she started feeling uncomfortable. "Nice to meet you Lin." Sela approach Lin and shake her hand, both had the same defensive posture. "Actually I have to go, Sela it was nice to see you. Maybe i'll see you tonight" Lin answered ready to leave but Kya stopped her "We could finish talking ?" Lin shakes her head for no, that when the water bender knew she would show up tonight but she needed to clear her mind. Sela felt the all tension, and she knew Kya and had heard about Lin. Even if she felt a bit jealous but she brushed it off.

TIME FOR THE PARTY

Lin heard everyone laughing, she wasn't early but she wasn't late neither. "Lin you are there ! It lovely to see you as always." Tenzin said as his all kids came hugging the chief "take them please" she mouthed. She walked and greeted her mother. Everyone was here even Izumi and her father. "You came !" Kya hugged her harder than she expected "You wanted me to" Lin smiled. She wrapped her arms around the water bender and hug back "I missed you more than anything". Kya put her head back looking at Lin dead in the eyes. "So do I, but since when do you even express what you feel ?" Kya smiled "Since I looses you for not daring to express them, I will never express my feelings to anyone, except to you, Kya I just love you so much, and spirit I hate the fact that I loosed you for this, because I was a coward" Lin whispered as she hugged Kya "You never loosed me come on, I wouldn't have ask you to com if it was the case..." Both broke the long embrace, but Kya notice Sela watching from afar. "We can continue this discussion later ! It time for the cake !"

Tenzin placed the cake on a big table "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !" everyone sing along, as Kya stayed in front of the cake "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU KYA" she closed her eyes and made her wish "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !" She finally blow the candles and everyone clapped their hand "YEAAA CAKEEEE" Meloo run around and got stop by his mother "calm down little man ! Or no cake for you" he stops himself and they all sat together. They all thanked Pema cause she did the cake.

Later when the kids dot to bed, all the adult was talking together, Tenzin propose to everyone to sleep at the air temple as it was too late. Lin was much fan of the idea, hate air temple bed, and now she was used to sleep with all the satomobile noises, the people yelling at 3am and just tg all city pollution noises. So that night she stayed outside, a glass of wine in her hand. She was there pathetically thinking of how good it felt to have Kya around. "Why it doesn't surprise me that se are the ones swig can't sleep ?" The water bender laughed broke the silence. Lin smiled, a deep and genuine smile who never leaves her face. "Wine ?" Lin asked taking the bottle but as Kya sag very close to her, she just reached for the earthbender glasss and drink in it, that how it start. One hour later, both of them was close to the water, a new wine bottle open beside them, kegs crossed together and their laugh filling up the silence. "Lin I can't stop thinking about you." The water bender said, she don't even know why she expressed this to Lin. "Then you haven't heard my thoughts, I'm all yours Kya." Lin put herself closer if it was even possible, she started to lean for a kiss but stopped "Can I ?" The older girl nodded, and there they was. A deep kiss, fill with love, time and some wine taste. Their hands traveled the other one back, then neck to finish by holding hands. Lin pushed Kya and both fell on the floor. The older one back felt the all hard floor, as the younger one on the top let her legs beside Kya body. The kiss never broke, they felt amazing loosing track of time, their hot breath caressing the cold air was making cloud. Lin sat up, breathless "I fucking need you Kya, be mine" She put her hand on he face, shame getting all over her. "I.." Lin took out a tiny box, as the other girl sat up too. "I want to marry you Kya" Kin opened the box, showing up a betrayal necklace, the laces was mixed with blue and green, the pendant was made with a rock Kya recognized also with the box.

«"Lin look here, the rock is all green just like your eyes !" a 13 years old Kya show the rock to Lin "IT BECAUSE IT A CRYSTAL, Look tut written "nephrite"!" they laugh and Lin got out a tiny box "Put it here, let find a crystal as blue as your eye too !" Lin said as they continue to walk in the village. They brought a larimar. Lin had two tiny box on her, with a rond earthbender logo on it "here you keep the gem one and i keep the blue one."

"You are such a romantic, I love you and always did" Lin put the necklace on her. Everything was perfect....until

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE !" Tenzin and Sela was there looking at them.