3.1.5.

Lizzie and Carol sat around, playing Rock, Paper, Scissors as the pilots eagerly waited to fly out. The army went out a few hours ago, but considering the majority of their ressistance were former ZIF, they were holding out good. "Carol! Lizzie! Let's go!" Kai suddenly yelled, every pilot suddenly awakening from a silent episode, booting up their planes and awaiting their comrades to fly out. 

"Shit- Carol let go of my jacket, for fucks sake." Lizzie hissed at the woman who was trying to pull herself up with the help of her jacket, "Sorry..." Carol mumbled, finally getting up, snickering under her breath. "Jesus, just fly." Carol clapped her hands, "Last one there is a dirty sock!", and Lizzie could hear her laugher as she flew out, trying to reach supersonic, but Lizzie just shook her head, taking off first with the metal contraceptions in her boots, then when in the air, she blasted off with her powers.

She almost bumped into Carol on her way there, "Watch where you're flying, dumbass.", she scolded the dumbfounded pilot, whose jaw was practically on the floor as Lizzie blasted off once again, the woman only pausing when she floated above the Mrianan Valley, watching the battle unfold, a similarity that was striking to one of the most famous battles in human history. "Battle of Cannae." Carol suddenly appeared next to her, looking down at the battle also.

Lizzie nodded, before making a face, "I thought you hated history?" Carol nodded and shrugged at the same time, "After you dissapeared, I wanted to uphold your memory. And guess what?" Lizzie rolled her slightly teary eyes, touched by the gesture, "What?" Carol grinned at her, "I won first place in the state competition in geo." Lizzie paused, mimicking pushing her away, "Noooo. Noooo, fuck off you did not." Carol laughed, "I'll show you the trophy when we're back home safe and sound, alright?" Lizzie sighed, stretching her arms, "Let's do it." 

She patted down her sides as Carol flew down into the carnage at the Vexar side, facepalming as she realized something, "Ah fuck, I left the saber with Sokovian boy." She rolled her head around, "Well, I can't leave the powers to marinate." She lastly cracked her knuckles, before flying down, but staying above the ground. The comms that Rylan had passed around before suddenly started crackling, "This thing on?" A vaguely familiar voice said, the siblings pausing briefly, Lizzie covering for them in the meantime.

She knew what hearing the voice of a sister you thought was gone feels like.

"Alix?" Rylan said, as a Xandarian fleet flew above their heads, followed shortly by Zyronians. "Hey. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess the white guys are the bad ones?" Alix said and you could almost hear her smile through the voice. "H-How?" Rylan managed to stumble out, fighting off a pair of Vexar's henchmen. "Let's just say I'll need to do some soul searching after this thing's over." Rylan let out a chuckle, "Good to have you back, Alix." 

"You too. Both of you." That was the last thing she heard over the comms, because a second later, some dumbass missfired and it hit her ear, eliciting a yelp from the sun goddess. "Testing, testing, one two three.", Lizzie said out loud to herself, not hearing herself at all, sighing, "Welp, there goes my left ear." She put on her mask, cursing herself for not doing so earlier, hoping her system would at least regenerate the wound faster than a regular human. With air support from Xandarian and Zyronian joint forces, she began scouting the grounds for the man himself - Vexar.

Before this entire thing, she had only heard of Vexar once or twice. People used to say he was an associate of that purple grape, and when his supplies ran out, he rebeled against the Mad Titan, taking control of Zyron, and since then, not a peep was heard from the planet. Until now. Talk about a censorship, huh? After about 20 minutes of no on-ground communication, zooming in and out with her lenses, she found him. 

The coward, all alone, was hiding in a cave overlooking the valley. She landed with a thud infront of him, jumpscaring the man as he jumped backwards, bringing his blaster up. "Hi." Lizzie simply said, blinding him as she started drawing power from the nearby star, also alerting the ground teams of her location.