2.3.1

The Sovereign

The team stood around randomly placed on the floor, apparently they got a call to protect the batteries because some monster was gonna eat them and that would cause the downfall of the Sovereign race, including the animals? Lizzie shrugged internally, this wasn't the weirdest thing she's heard in the past 33 years.

"Alright, showtime, a-holes!" Peter announced just as his device beeped, alerting him. "It'll be here aaaaaany minute." Gamora cocked her giant gun, the sound making Peter turn around, confused. "I tought your thing was a sword?" Gamora deadpanned at him, lowering the gun slightly to emphasize just how dissapointed she was. "We've been hired to stop an interdimensional beast from feeding on those batteries and I'm gonna stop it with a sword?"

Peter stuttered, "It's just, uh, swords were your thing and guns were mine. But, I, guess we're both doing guns now. Just didn't know that." Lizzie smacked him upside down his head, "Idiot." Peter grabbed the spot, "Ow. Violence!"

"Shut up Quill!" Rocket sounded from his place next to the speakers he bought along. Why did he have speakers actually? Gamora had another question on her mind, looking at Drax, who had no protection whatsoever, "Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs?"

"It hurts."

"Hurts?"

He turned to look at Gamora as thunder sounded above them, lighting the platform up for a quick second. "...I have sensitive nipples." Rocket then hollered with laughter, mocking Drax for God knows what time. "My nipples hurt, oh goodness me!" He kept laughing as Drax bellowed. "What about him?! What's he doing?!" The answer came a second later, literally. "I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work." Oh, so that's why. And Drax questioned him, again. "And how is that a priority?"

"Blame Quill, he's the one who loves music so much!" Peter turned to Drax, "No, I actually agree with Drax on this. That's hardly important right now. And Lizzie does too, why didn't you call her out?!" Lizzie scoffed, "Don't dump your mistakes on me again, Quill." 

"Ok, yeah, sure Quill." Rocket winked at him, thinking he was joking. "No, seriously, I side with Drax." Rocket still held the cables, "No, I understand that, you're being very serious right now." He kept winking, Lizzie let a smile slip from her lips. Gamora looked at her with a look that can only be described as 'what the hell did i do to deserve this?' to which Lizzie shrugged, secretly she enjoyed the light banter. "I can clearly see you winking." Drax took his hands off his hips, as if to state a point.

"Damn it, I'm using my left eye? Lizzie was I using my left eye?" He looked at her for conformation, and she just nodded, wanting to get this over with. Brunhilde was drinking herself away at this point and she wasn't going to die protecting some C-3PO wannabe's batteries. The little alien dinosaurs made a noise as Groot, wait, no, Baby Groot, pushed them away. 

"I am Groot." Rocket, who was still fiddling with the cables, pleaded, "They were not looking at you funny." Just then, a sound to their left signaled the entrance of the beast. "That's a fucking octopus./Well that's intense." Both Lizzie and Rocket sounded at the same time, as the octopus dived at them. She saw Drax take a few steps, waiting for the beast to fall down, and when it did, he yelled his war cry, charging at the thing.

She activated her mask, flying with Peter and Gamora. She flew closer then the rest of them, slicing the octopus with her purple lightsaber. She'd never get tired of it. Suddenly, Mr. Blue Sky could be heard in the air. She spared a glance at Baby Groot, who was dancing. "Oh shi-" she muttered as one of the rings broke, the firey circle rolling towards her. She flew out of it's range, but this caused her to lose her trajectory and crash into Peter, both of them falling to the ground.