Chapter 1: Broken World

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Jaune, Lilly and Furlan were walking around, seeing how empty the streets were and how silent they were. Jaune looked around with sadness and anger knowing this was the Arcadia Nicholas always wanted. 

A world where dissent and opposition would be crushed and wiped out, this was his ideal world and Jaune despised a world like this. He hated this reality the most, as suddenly someone contacted them on Lilly's scroll. 

"Yes?" Lilly asked, to which, the voice was revealed to be Scarlett as she spoke, "Guys, where are you?"

"Scarlett, is that you?" Jaune asked with concern as she responded, "Yes, it is me...

"Oh Oum, I am glad you are alright, so who is with you?" Lilly responded as Scarlett as she spoke, "Next to me? Right now, it is Himeko and Liana..

"Hello!" Himeko spoke to Scarlett's scroll, with Liana following suit, "Hey guys, it is good to hear from you!"

"You too, Liana, so where are you?" Jaune asks with concern as she responds, "Truth be told, I have no clue, we are at a different part of the location. Worse, we saw what was happening in the announcement, and have been hiding from the Black Arms that are present.."

"I have a feeling this is a different alternate version of Arcadia. All we know is that here, the Arcs could be the bad guys and the Black Arms are good...but even then, why such curfew and why such protection?" Himeko asked with confusion, to which Scarlett responded, "How can you be so sure, that this is Arcadia?"

"I saw certain locations that match our Arcadia, Scarlett, that is why.." Himeko responded to which Scarlett could only agree in response. 

"But that does not explain why the role reversal..?" Furlan responded as Liana spoke, "Even I have no clue, but even then, at least we know this is Arcadia, or was Arcadia..

"We can only find more information by walking around, but make sure to not be located by any of these Black Arms, we can't trust them in any way.." Jaune spoke with a thought, as he spoke, "Stay safe, and protect yourselves till we can meet again.." 

"Right!!" All three girls respond as they cut off the call, Furlan then speaks, "So what now?" 

"Well we-" Lilly was about to speak till someone called out to them, as these two were the Black Arms soldiers, with one of them speaking, "Hey, it is past curfew, what the hell are you doing here!?" 

Jaune, Lilly and Furlan gulped and became nervous, the three slowly turned around, to see the Black Arms soldier having a Rifle aimed at them, as they raised their hands up. Jaune then speaks. 

"Yes Officer, is everything alright?" Jaune spoke while hiding his emotions, as the Black Arms Officer spoke, "I am afraid not, young man. You are moving here past curfew.."

"Right, sorry, we accidentally got off on the wrong stop and here we are, we will be on our way home.." Lilly spoke in a tone of assurance, as she could only hope that they don't know about them in any way. They don't seem to recognise them, meaning they must be new soldiers, which was lucky.