Attack of Crescenda Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Comedia, did you bring any pranks with you?" Garrett asked.

Comedia picked up her prank satchel with her mouth and nodded.

"Good. Zipp, how fast can you fly?"

"Enough to make a dragon dizzy." Zipp said.

"You and Kara will distract Crescenda," said Mariposa. "Carousella and Crescent, you'll ride with Anakin and Obi-Wan and be in charge of evacuations."

"What can I do, Auntie?" Mona asked.

"Stay here with Uncle Garrett and be ready to spring if we need backup. Goldie, you and Gabby help Remix with the sound. Wrecker, we'll need you backstage as well."

"And Crosshair," said Garrett. "Wait for my signal to fire."

Crosshair nodded silently.
———————-———————-———————-
Crescenda swam through the air and laughed as she saw people running for their lives.

"Run all you want, my pretties." Crescenda said in one of the stolen voices. Phoebe of the Red Hot T's to be exact. "There's no escaping me."

Suddenly, something maroon, and something else with bright golden wings swooped in very quickly.

"Leave them alone, Crescenda!" Kara said. "You've stolen more than enough voices."

"I believe that is for me to decide." Crescenda smirked

Crescenda started to take out her flute, only for Zipp to swoop at her again with a whinny. Zipp quickly grabbed the flute with her mouth and started a tug of war with the siren while two of the Evermares helped Anakin and Obi-Wan evacuate as many people as they could down below.

"Single file, everyone!" Carousella motioned with her wing as people were running out.

"Don't push!" Obi-Wan said. "Women and children first!"

Meanwhile, backstage, everyone began hooking up as many instruments and sound systems as they could, as well as putting on headsets to prevent Crescenda from hypnotizing them, but at the same time enable them to hear each other over the comms.

"If Crescenda wants a musical battle, that's what we're gonna give her." Remix said. "Alright, everybody. Get your music ready to be loud and passionate."

Carmine got to casting a spell Garrett had him study recently, which was placed on all the microphones.

"Alright, everyone. Your microphones are all enchanted. When you sing into them, they'll amplify your voices to mimic the effect of a sonar wave or siren song." Garrett explained. "The amount of power depends on the pitch and dynamic of the song you sing."

"What's dynamic again?" Caleb asked, raising his hand.

"That's the volume of the music." Harmony said. "Pitch is how high or low music sounds. Like how a shriek is a high pitch, or like how someone with a deep voice may sing in a lower pitch."

Myra got her guitar ready, tuned and loud. It wasn't everyday she got a chance to use her rock and roll skills to help save the day. Everyone got on their headsets and got ready to fight what would probably be the most musical battle they would ever face. Anakin soon returned and started getting fitted into one of Carmine/Count Crescendo's colorful outfits and getting fitted into a wig that would help create a decoy to fool Crescenda as part of their elaborate plan. Except, the wig felt really itchy on Anakin's head.

"Why can't I just use a hair changing spell?" Anakin whined, scratching his head again.

"Do you want to accidentally expose you-know-who?" Mariposa said.