chapter forty-eight

__________________________

Chapter Forty-Eight

In the days following the birth of Alixandra Mina Mikaelson and the resurrection of two Mikaelson men, the Compound had become vibrant once more. Mina and Elijah put themselves in charge of breakfast while Klaus took care of his daughter while Bonnie showered and did everything she wanted. Kol and Elyza, however, weren't doing family-oriented chores.

They were making up for their missed anniversary.

By having sex.

Lots and lots of it. In the mornings, after lunch, before bed, and every time in between. So much so, that no one, Mikaelson nor Bennett went in to inform them of meetings. They had made a family group chat that was designed for that purpose.

Mina Bennett hummed and rocked her hips back and forth to the music, dancing as she slid the chopped fruits into a bowl from the chopping board. Elijah came behind her, spinning her around as he slid his mug underneath the coffee maker's dispenser.

"What's the hold up on breakfast?" Kol asked, appearing in the kitchen and popping a strawberry into his mouth.

Mina popped his hand, a look of surprise coming upon the original. "You keep eating all the fruit, and you'll have to explain to Bonnie why she has none."

"And unless you want another aneurysm, I don't think that revelation should ever see the light of day," Elijah joked. "Mina, the eggs."

"Shit," the Bennett witch cursed. While she plated the eggs, she glanced up at Kol. "I am surprised that you and my dear best friend are out of bed this early."

"Oh, don't worry, darling," Kol replied joking. "We just came down because Klaus has called a family meeting. And Lyza and I did miss the last two."

"Four," Elijah corrected. "You two missed the last four."

"Eli–"

Elijah shooed his little brother while handing off the plates. "Since you have decided to grace us with your presence, set the table."

Kol groaned back up and walked into the formal dining room. They would've sat at the informal, but since everyone was alive and well, there was no room. Sitting each plate down in front of every chair, Kol flopped on the couch not too far from the dining room.

While he wanted to go back into the kitchen to sneak more strawberries, he feared that Elijah would ask him to do something else.

"Setting the table means more than laying out the plates, brother," Elijah yelled out from the kitchen.

.

..

...

"Klaus?" Bonnie called out, coming out of the bathroom to see that Alixandra had been left alone in her bassinet. Checking on her daughter, and realizing she was asleep, she walked out to the balcony. "Klaus?" She called again, trying to get his attention upon seeing him.

At hearing his name for the second time, the original hybrid turned around, locking eyes with Bonnie, who was only being covered by a towel.

"You look ravishing, my love," He started, twisting his arms around her and pulling her closer to him. He started by leaving wet kisses down her neck, his hands slowly starting to undo the little tie she had made with the towel to keep it wrapped around her.

"Ah, no," Bonnie pushed him away with a giggle. "We're not doing anything until Harley finishes those potions for me."

"Bonnie," Klaus whispered seductively against her neck.