chapter thirty

Chapter Thirty

In the last few days to come, the Mikaelsons and the Bennetts have slowly been piecing their lives back together. With Rebekah and Finn gone, the house seemed emptier than usual, the silence seemed thicker. There was no one there to demand shopping trips or to buy those mugs with positive sayings on them. While Bonnie couldn't say that she and Rebekah had the closest relationship, it's not hard for her to say that she most definitely left a hole in the house that no one could refill.

Even Elijah started having his moments where he didn't come home for days. Klaus explained it as he was starting to train the vampires and slowly started leaving clothes in the apartment he had compelled downtown. Mina, who obviously needed a break, made constant trips downtown. However, she always declared they only talked.

With the few remaining New Orleans witches, and no elders to defend them, Bonnie watched as they chose a new person to lead them. It didn't worry her, though, because if anyone came for her again, she vowed to herself to destroy them.

But first, she had to get over this magical illness that was clearly on a path of destroying her. Mina held her hair back and rubbed circles in her back as, for the third morning in a row, she emptied her breakfast. Elyza sat on Bonnie's bed, flipping through spells she knew would help, but nothing she casted worked.

"Bon, I think you should let me call my aunts," Mina started once she had gotten Bonnie seated and with a glass of water in her hand. The heretic sat in front of her, glancing back at Elyza for only a second. "I'm telling you this because they can help. They can figure out what's wrong with you."

"They hate me," Bonnie sighed. She shook her head, the palm of her hand resting on her stomach. It wasn't like she was in any type of pain. She was just so sore. "I rather die of whatever illness this is than hear them talk about me, you, or Klaus."

Mina refrained from rolling her eyes. "This is not an ordinary witch problem, babes. If it was, Elyza would've found a cure by now. This is a Bennett problem which means it needs a Bennett solution."

"Sorry to butt into this very fascinating family squabble, but, Mina, what about the other Bennetts? You know, the less judgy ones."

Bonnie sat up and put her water down. "We have more family members?" Mina threw up her middle finger to Elyza. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"We didn't really have time to get really dive into our family tree," Mina confessed. "When we were good and happy, I wanted to cherish that. Not bring up more things to have you all discombobulated. Because, trust me, our family is complicated. And huge."

"Huge enough there's someone else who knows how to fix me?"

Mina thought about all of her cousins for a second. "Possibly? I'll call and see." Digging her phone out of her pocket, Mina stepped into the hallway. In response, Bonnie turned to Elyza.

"Just how many Bennetts are there?"

Elyza shrugged. "From Mina's grandmother's side?" Elyza asked. When Bonnie nodded, she held up her fingers. "Eleanor, Kelia, and Addison are the only remaining aunts. Emery, Erikson, Harley, and Bailey are the only children that are left. Not mentioning Erikson's child. His fiancé is a couple of months pregnant."    

Bonnie took a sip of her water. "You've met them all?"

"Nope," Elyza confessed. "Erikson doesn't involve himself in witchcraft or anything magical, so as per his wishes, I've stayed away and convinced Mina to do the same. And Bailey is still in high school, so I don't see her that often either. But everyone else? Yes."