chapter fifteen

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Henrik Mikaelson woke with a gasp. His hand flew to his neck, the last memory of a sharp pain echoing through his mind. He scanned the area, wondering if his family had taken him home or something. However, to his surprise, he was back in the place he spent a thousand years. He never really realized how dark the light truly was until he was back in it. He rose, dusting off his pants, realizing that the blood on his neck had completely dried. 

He turned around, trying to prevent any tears from dripping from his eyes. Not only was he just starting to become more accustom to his siblings but for some reason, he could no longer feel his magic. 

As he continued to scan his surroundings, his heart nearly dropped when his eyes linked on a familiar one. "No..." He shook his head. "Please, no. Tell me you're not really here." 

Bonnie wiped a tear from her eyes before sniffing. She raced towards him, taking him in the biggest hug she had ever gave someone who wasn't in her circle of friends or family. "I'm not really here." 

Henrik let out a sigh of relief, his heart beginning to swell with happiness once again. "So how?" 

Bonnie took his hand, guiding him over to a bench. "You're a vampire now, Henrik... So with the help of Klaus, I can come into your mind. He's acting as the bridge that connects us." 

"Vampire?" Henrik questioned, his heart pounding in his chest. "Like my siblings?" 

Bonnie wiped another tear. "I'm so sorry, Henrik. Truly." 

The boy only looked down before placing her hands in his. "You're magic... it's..." 

"Working?" Bonnie laughed through her tears. "I guess your death pushed it through. I'm back." 

Henrik reached over her, hugging her feeling her tears hit his back. He knew why she was crying, his brother had explained it to him when he was trying to figure out why Kol wasn't a witch anymore. Because no one could be both. 

Meaning he lost his magic. 

"Do you think you could do me a favor?" Henrik asked, pulling back from the hug. 

"Anything." 

Henrik nodded, grabbing her hands again. "Now that your power is back, do you think there's some way you can make me... you know... older, apperence wise? Nik said that vampires don't age and I really don't want to be stuck in the body of a fifteen year old." 

Bonnie nodded, looking off. "Maybe a glamour spell? Just to make you look around your... siblings... age." 

"I'm sorry about that, by the way," Henrik started, hearing her tense when she spoke of him being related to his siblings. "I never knew you and my family had bad blood. That's not the reason I didn't tell you who I really was." 

Bonnie sniffed and tried her hardest to stop crying. "I swear I was trying to protect you that day. If I knew that attacking them meant hurting you in any way, please believe me when I say I wouldn't have. I guess that's why the protective spell was in place this time... I'm really sorry."

Henrik chuckled through the tears he didn't know was falling from his own eyes. "Yeah, they're pretty protective." 

"I will never ask you to chose between our friendship or your family..." Images of her grandmother and father flashed through her eyes. She remembered all the good time Caroline and Elena had with her and her Grams. "I know they'll never forgive me, but I'm hoping you will?"