chapter forty

Before y'all get mad that it's short, it was way too long so chapter 41 (which is really just part 2) is posting at the exact same time. 

_______________________________

Chapter 40

Kol paced around the living room as everyone watched Bonnie in anticipation. While Mina sat beside Elijah with her broken wrist, Bonnie was using a couple of Elyza's items to see if she could track the heretic. Finally, a line of fire traced through the map, leaving burnt residue after its path finished. Looking up at Kol and signaling she knew something, the wild original raced to her.

"You found her?" Kol asked.

Bonnie nodded slowly. "Marcel," She beckoned. When the vampire appeared next to her from his previous spot by the door, she pointed to the place on the map. "Where is this?"

Marcel slid a little closer, squinting his eyes a bit. "This looks like it's behind my emergency apartments, down in—"

"Sorry to interrupt," Mina spat out quickly, sliding from under Elijah's protective arm. Standing, her eyes locked on the spell she and Bonnie had done to keep tabs on Rebekah. "But look."

Pointing to the spell in the corner, Bonnie dropped the map and ran over to it. Slowly but surely, the blood Elijah had dropped on it was starting to fade. Not only that, but she had also moved. "She's not in the cemetery right now. She's in the bayou?"

"And Elyza?" Kol questioned, bring everyone back to his wife. "Where is she?"

"Brother, now is not—"

"The entire family is rushing to Rebekah's aid, brother, and I do not mind," Kol shook his head, blocking the door. "But I will not abandon my wife. I will not leave her to face Mother's wrath alone."

Marcel nodded, choosing his side. "Elyza is just as much a member of this family as Rebekah is," He looked at the map again. "Come on, we'll go together."

With that, Marcel took Kol's shoulder and both vampires sped out of the room before anyone could object.

"There's no way Esther would've gone to the bayou..." Mina shook her head. "She's the regent. The most powerful place for her to be right now is in the cemetery."

Bonnie looked between three people in front of her. "Are we saying we should split up?"

"One group saves Elyza, one group goes to the bayou to save Rebekah, and the other kills Esther, it's the only way," Mina noted.

"Absolutely, not," Klaus barked. He looked at Bonnie, watching her in disbelief. "You are carrying my child. I am not letting you out of my sight."

"We don't have time to fight about this, Klaus," Bonnie sighed. "Rebekah is weak and probably surrounded by wolves. She needs you two and I need a witch to come with me to fight Esther."

"Niklaus is right," Elijah shook his head furiously. Instead of looking at Bonnie, like his brother did, he took a step closer to Mina. "Separating is unwise."

"Elijah—"

"Mere days ago, you demanded that I choose you yet here I am trying to and you are pushing me away."

Mina kicked herself. "I wanted you to choose me over other people not over your own death! Esther wants you! Both of you! It would be stupid for us to simply give you up to her."

"Rebekah is dying," Bonnie confirmed forcefully. "So you two can stand here, arguing with two powerful witches or you can go save your sister."

Klaus visibly struggled. Speeding over to her, he tangled his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. The act caught the younger Bennett off guard, resulting in a gasp. "If you so much as breath my name—"