chapter five

chapter five. 

HONESTLY, IT WAS SAD how Mina no longer cared about trying to sneak past the front desk. With a wave of her wrist, the woman didn't even remember that she had ever seen someone walk past her. She looked to her right and made eye contact with the woman strutting down the hallway alongside her. Her long, black flowing hair was curled and easily swayed as she walked.

She glanced over to the witch and winked. "Mina, baby girl, you're staring. I mean, I don't have a problem with it but a picture may last longer."

"Shut up, Elyza," Mina sarcastically snapped. But it was true. She was staring and she knew it. Elyza Pierce was one of the most beautiful people she had ever met and if she was into chicks, she wouldn't mind being with her. Her eyes, lips, and curves fit her body beautifully. It was almost like she was hand-picked from whatever God existed.

Snapping out of her trance, Mina twisted the knob and opened the door. She sighed. She had been in this very room too many times for her to count and every time she wished that once when she walked in Bonnie would be sitting up looking back at her.

"She looks like your grandmother," Elyza admitted. She could see some scratches on her arms and face. She walked over to the before looking back at Mina. "May I?"

Mina nodded. "Heal what you can"

Elyza sat on the bed, took a syringe out of her back pocket, and stuck it into her arm. Because Bonnie wasn't exactly conscious, she couldn't feed the Bennett her blood as she would've done anyone else. After taking a good amount of her blood out of her veins, she removed the syringe before carefully sticking Bonnie with it.

As she pushed down on the top of the syringe, she noticed that Bonnie's scratches were starting to heal and that some of her wounds started to close. After tossing the syringe into her purse, she waited for a little to see if she would wake. Speaking that her vampire blood should have healed all internal and external injuries, Bonnie should be waking any moment now.

A couple of seconds into staring at the unconscious witch, the room was covered in awkward silence. Elyza wanted to cough to break the silence, but she knew what the silence meant.

Bonnie wasn't going to wake up. Not by vampire means, at least.

"Why isn't she waking up? Vampire blood should have healed anything, right?" Mina asked rhetorically. She wanted to be sad so badly, but not ever getting to have a conversation with her cousin made her angrier than anything.

She could feel her control of her magic slip from her as it became restless. Her stomach was turning backflips, and her eyes rolled back. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on controlling her magic.

"Mina," Elyza called softly. The glass of water beside Bonnie's bed started to shake, spilling some of its contents. Elyza looked around and realized that the windows were too starting to rumble. "Mina." She said a little firmer. Suddenly, her hair started to blow off her shoulders and all of the papers sitting near Bonnie's bedside twirled in a funnel. The lights flickered on and off fast, nearly blinding the vampire. "Mina!"

This time, Elyza jumped up and put a hand on the witch's shoulder. Mina instantly began to calm as she felt a familiar hand touch her. "Bonnie is brain dead, isn't she?" Mina stated calmly. "That's why your blood won't work."

Elyza slid in front of the witch and held her arm out. "Siphon me."

Asking no questions, Mina laid her hand on top of her friend's arm and begin to pull from her. Her hands began to glow red as she tilted her head back in ecstasy. The feeling of magic running through her veins once more always made her feel at peace.