Chapter 11

JENNIE

"Here you go honey.." My mom bought me a corn soup and I smiled.

"Thanks mom."

"Are you sure that you don't need to go to the hospital? It's been a week."

"I'm fine, mom. I'm getting better.”

"How come your girlfriend never comes to check on you?" My mom hissed and that's right. Lisa never came to check on me. She only called for a couple minutes and it was like 3 days ago. She never cared about me. It's crazy..

"We video call a lot, mom." I lied.

"At least, she needs to spare time for you."

"She's a busy mom and I have to understand that." I smiled weakly and scooped a spoon of the soup.

"Mom.. this is the best." I pointed at the soup and she smiled.

"I'll make it again if you want to."

"I want it.. please." I said and she nodded.

"Have a lot of rest and don't think about work for awhile okay? You're overwork yourself.. Me and your dad already back in the field."

"Sorry mom."

"You don't need to apologize." She smiled and held my hand.

"Mom.." I called her and she raised her eyebrows.

"Me and Lisa will get married in 2 months." I stated and she raised her eyebrows. Her eyes fell to my left hand.

"Are you sure? Did she propose?"

"I'm sure mom.. I love her."

"Did she propose?"

"She did, mom. You know me.. I will never ask that to her first right?" I smiled widely to hide my lies. Everything that happens between me and Lisa is all the opposite because I'm the one who fell in love with her not her with me.

"Right.. You're not that type of girl but where is the ring?"

"She's not romantic, mom. She popped out the question when we're eating dinner together and she gave me this instead of a ring." I bought a new necklace as a reason if my parents ask.

"It's beautiful." She looked at the necklace and I smiled.

"I know right.."

"Well.. Are you happy?" She suddenly asked and I looked at her completely confused.

"What kind of question is that mom? Of course I'm happy, I'm marrying the love of my life." I chuckled a little.

"But I never see that you are genuinely happy." She said and she was right. I know that she's right.

"Mom.. I'm so happy."

"Well.. as long as you're happy.. I guess I'm okay." She said and I nodded. Not long after that she left to work. I decided to go to the hospital by myself because to be honest.. It's getting worse at night.