(Exo-Lay) if but only in my dreams-ANGST

TRIGGER WARNING: suicide, death

"Baby, come closer! I can't hug you if you're that far away!"

Your boyfriend Lay had always been the love of your life. He was the reason you smiled, an the reason you got up in the morning. He loved you as if you were the sun in the sky, and you adored the way he treated you.

"Coming!"

You quickly picked the flower you were looking at and ran across the meadow into Lay's open arms.

His warm arms embraced you as your cheek met his chest and your heads stacked on top of one another. His heart beat was a strong, current rhythm and it filled you with such a calm feeling.

"Much better." He murmured into your soft hair, stroking your cheek with his thumb.

Your face flushed and you buried your head deeper into his chest to hide yourself. Lay chuckled, and loosened his grip on you. Pulling away a bit, he kissed you on your forehead, making you blush even brighter.

"You look so pretty when you're pink."

His eyes wandered your face as he held you. He wavered at each of your vital features for a few seconds, until having his fill and going to the next one. He stopped at your lips, and suddenly looked up and softly laughed.

"How did I get so lucky to have someone like you?"

Your heart skipped a beat and his laugh made your spirit light up until all you could feel was your love for this man. It should be you asking how you got so lucky to have him. You didn't know the answer, but it didn't really matter.

"What type of flower is that?"

Your daze was broke by Lay, who was now staring into your eyes. His gaze flickered down to your hand and you came back to reality.

"I don't know. It's really pretty though."

You looked down at the precious frail flower you had taken. It's peachy color made you think of the cakes that Lay would always bake you. Peach happened to be your favorite fruit, color, and cake flavor. So Lay was always baking you peachy things to make you happy.

"You're prettier." He cooed, smiling softly.

You giggled at how corny he could be while still sounding romantic.

He took the flower from your fingers and twirled it around in his own.

"Hmm, as dainty as this looks in your hands, I know a place it will look even better. "

You watched as his arm reached up to your head, and place the flower in your hair. The stem poked it's way through your hair, but surprisingly didn't fall out.

Lay placed his fingers on his lips and thought for a moment. His furrowed, concentrated face kept staring at the flower, until he abruptly got up and ran off into the meadow.

"Where are you going?"

You giggled and he just motioned for you to follow him. You laughed but ran after him, letting the smell of grass and pollen hit you with each step.

Lay stopped and bent down to pluck a few flowers, and when he came up you saw that they were the exact same flower you had in your hair.

"How'd you find those?" You questioned.

"It's a secret. All I'm gonna say is that you never get anything if you don't ask." He winked at you, and whispered the last part into your ear.

He came up an started putting more flowers into your hair. You thought for a moment before giggling.