Actions Speak Louder

Freedom Fighters HQ

The next morning, Jason opened his eyes with a sigh, memories of his bashed and beaten team running through his head. He looked over at Blaze, who had a black eye, bruised cheek, and a cut lip. He gently stroked her cheek before she cracked her eyelids open. Jason smiled at her and rubbed her back.

"I'm gonna check on the others," he said. "Will you be okay?"

Blaze nodded. "Doesn't hurt... that much... anymore."

"Good." Jason leaned in and kissed her forehead before he left the bed to get dressed.

Moments later, he left the room and headed down to the lobby for breakfast. He headed into the kitchen to prepare something for Blaze when he heard approaching footsteps. He looked over his shoulder to see Tails walking awkwardly over to the couch and dropped down with a sigh. Silver floated behind him, his leg still bandaged.

"How are you two doing?" He asked.

Tails looked over. "Back still hurts."

Silver nodded. "Same with the leg."

Jason sighed, knowing Honey was still out. "That's four down."

"Four?" Tails asked. "How's Blaze?"

"I don't know. She said her face still hurts. I don't know if she's hurting anywhere else. I still have to check in with Sonic, Knuckles, and Bunnie."

"Bunnie seemed fine," Silver pointed out.

"Same with Sally," Tails added.

"Yeah, but..." Jason began. "Something emotional happened between Sally and Fiona. She was in tears. I've never seen her like that before. And the way she was clutching Nicole's device..."

"Who's left?" Silver asked.

Jason raised his hand. "Me and Bunnie? Maybe Jet, too."

"We need more help," Tails said as he let out a groan, probably back pain.

Jason got a tray of cereal in milk with a glass of orange juice. It wasn't much, but it was something. "I'm gonna bring this to Blaze, then check on Honey," he said as he picked up the tray and headed for the elevator. "We'll have to look into recruitment at this rate."

**********

The Plaza

Whisper opened her eyes and sat up in her bed. She looked out the window and decided today was the day she was going to confront Jason. Maybe. She still felt naked without her gun,  but knew having it would make her look ready to fight.

**********

Jason set the tray of breakfast down on the table next to Blaze's side of the bed. He gave her a pat before he left the room. He stepped across the hall to Sally's door, when he heard a faint moan. He paused and leaned in before he heard Sally's voice.

"Oh, Nicole... Yes..."

"Okay," Jason muttered, quickly heading for the stairs.

He made is way up to the third floor where Honey's, Silver's, and Bunnie's room was. He went to the cat's door and knocked. "Honey?" He asked.

"Come in," he heard faintly.

He entered the room to find Honey still in bed. Understandable. He walked over to her side of the bed and knelt down. "How ya doing?"

Honey sighed. "Body still aches, as does most parts on my body, but... I think I wanna try getting up later."

"Alright, just... don't overdo it."