🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 18

♪ Then you look me straight into my eyes
Say that you're sorry.
How could I not believe in you? ♪

Melanie Albon POV

If George showed jealousy, then it meant there was a chance to make this happen quickly, I could make him fall, and I could lower his damn ego; he is sometimes justified but still annoying as hell.  

But I slowly made my way into his life without him noticing. Wearing his merch to the paddock, which I knew he acknowledged ot, he was highly flirty whenever I did it, and he smiled proudly when he first noticed it. I would spend more time at Mercedes, and I always made sure his eyes were on me at parties; no woman stood a chance if it was up to me, and I was doing just fine if you ask me.

So I am now arriving late at the last party before the summer break. Alex got lost; Lily, Nina, and I just tried to help, but he was not following any directions. It took us a fucking hour to get here. I am in a bad mood, and I stand in a worse mood when I see George and a blonde girl talking; she works for Williams, they've known each other for a while, and she is so obviously into him. Fuck.

"I asked my boss about the days in December, and he has already accepted them. That is going to be so relaxing," Nina says as we approach the guys, and I roll my eyes.

"Don't get your hopes up," I say as I see Logan. I don't know why he is here, but I don't care. If George is having his individual fun, so will I.

"Melanie," he says as he stops talking to one of his friends. I smile and hug him.

"Logan! I'm sorry about the 10th place; I loved seeing you win in Austria; it was a great race," I say excitedly, and he seems surprised.

"I- I mean, you congratulated me on socials, but I didn't see you there. I would've seen you," he is perplexed, and I laugh.

"I even got some pretty good pictures," I say as I take my phone out and show him some of the pictures I downloaded there to show Alex.

"Oh! Those are excellent. Can you send them to me?" He asks as he scrolls through them, and I nod.

"I send them to you, and you buy me a drink," I suggest, and his smile widens.

"That's a deal!" He says as we walk to the bar. I greet the people I know when I go there, but I purposely ignore the British driver as he celebrates his podium. 

"Logan," he says politely as we arrive by his side.

"Mel! You look so good!" The girl says as she looks me up and down, and I nod.

"You look good, too," I say as I look at Logan, hinting that I want to step away.

"I never knew you were dating Logan Sargeant; what a catch. Definitely a good pair," she says, and I chuckle.

"Why do you assume I'm dating him? We are literally standing side by side," I am now wondering why she jumped to conclusions that fast. Like I wasn't kissing George last week in front of her.

"If you aren't, you should. He is clearly your type," she is now nervous and I nod.

"He sure is," I say as I turn to leave.

"Melanie," George called a few minutes later as I talked to Lily and Nina.

"George," I say, very uninterested, as I turn to him.

"It's my night; I got a podium," he says with a cheeky smile, and my expression remains the same.

"You got a podium last week," I answer back and he nods.

"You were happier last week, is it boring you already?" 

"Your podiums? No. I think it's pretty cool, you are in a new team and you are doing great. I am proud of you, do I need to keep my attention on you when you were clearly entertained with her?" I ask as I tilt my head in curiosity for the answer.

"She was talking to me, I was killing time until you got here. I am not short on options, and neither are you," he says and I nod.

"So why are you here with all your options?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"You are the one I want," he whispers as he leans down to kiss and I am surprised by the confession.

"Don't fall for me Russell," I say jokingly.

"What if I do? Will you stop me, or will you let me ruin this gorgeous face?" He asks and I almost ran out of answers.

"If we are being honest, I might let you fall on your face. You kind of deserve it. Lower that ego a bit, Georgie," I say sharply, and he nods.

"Want me to get on my knees again? Because I know you better than he does," he is dangerously close and I nod.

"It would be embarrassing if you didn't know me," I say sharply.

"Most husbands don't know their wife's weak strengths; don't take that for granted, baby. You will be disappointed if you do," he says before gently kissing my lips and stepping away.

"Are you two a thing? I've heard rumors but never saw any trace of it," Logan asks a few minutes later when I find him at the bar.

"We aren't a couple. We just have some fun. He is not the type to settle down, and I can't really handle him for long periods of time without wanting to physically attack him," I explain, and he laughs.

"So, you like him and he probably likes you. How long have you been fooling yourselves?" He is entertained and I laugh.

"Not really, we are pretty straightforward about it," I say as my drink arrives.

"Not enough, but let me know if he is busy. I might be the type you would settle down with," he is joking but he isn't at the same time and I laugh it off.

"I have saved your number, so don't worry about it. You are the one I would call," I wink at him before following Nina to the dance floor. 

It's time to have some fun before leaving with the smug British guy who finished in third today.