🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 8

♪ Girls, we do whatever it will take cause girls don't want, we don't want our hearts to break in two
So it's better to be fake, can't risk losing in love again, babe ♪

George Russell POV

I watched as she slowly fell asleep. The phone fell out of her hand onto the bed, and she started sleeping. When awake, she wants nothing to do with me; when she is asleep, her body always seems to want some closeness. She started slipping in my direction, and I laid her head in my lap.

I dialed Alex, and he picked up a few seconds later.

"Hey, I needed to check up on you and Lily. Is everyone alright?" I ask worriedly.

"She is resting; she vomited in the middle of the night. We even had to do a pregnancy test because she never gets sick," he says, obviously confused.

"It was some food poisoning. Your sister got it, too. I woke up to her almost passed on my bathroom floor. It's looking better now," I say as I finally see her blushed cheeks, color returning to her face.

"I'm sorry, do you want to leave her here? I can care for both of them; she is my little sister. It's my responsibility," he is stressed, and this action could help me enter her heart more quickly.

"Don't worry about it. She is sleeping a bit and resting; I will take care of her. Maybe tomorrow or after tomorrow, I will leave with her for London once she is better. I am sure she will keep you updated," I tell him calmly, and I hear his relieved sigh.

"Call me if it gets too much or if she gets worse. I will take care of it. Thank you, man, I can't thank you enough. I know you have this weird dynamic, but I wouldn't trust her with any other man," he says, grateful, and I feel almost guilty. It's his sister, and they are the closest to each other; he will kill me if he finds out I am playing her; he can never find out.

"We got our own thing, don't worry about it. I think she lacks the strength to murder me right now," I joke, and we both laugh before I hear Lily's weak voice in the background.

"Gotta go, mate, thank you. Call me; it doesn't matter what time or why," he says before hanging up.

I stayed for at least two hours with her on my lap before ordering some lunch. I ordered some chicken soup for her and went to wake her up. Noticing her sweaty forehead and how her jaw was clenched, she was having a nightmare. She has them sometimes when she is sober usually. When she is drunk, I think she just sleeps like a rock.

"Melanie," I whisper as I take the hair off of her face, and she turns her head in the opposite direction. "Melanie!" I called louder to make sure she heard me.

"Fuck," she mutters as she opens her eyes, and I prevent her from sitting down too quickly, and when she is finally sitting, she takes some deep breaths. Her hand goes to her chest, and she rubs it as she calms herself down.

I remained silent as I noticed this was not something we would speak about. I usually hold her, and she calms down, allowing me to fall back asleep. Seeing her level of stress was not good.

We head to the table, and she eats her soup slowly while avoiding eye contact.

"Did I say something?" She asked once we were done eating.

"You never do; you just move around and get really hot. Do you have these a lot?" I ask as I lean back, and she shakes her head.

"Sometimes," she says as she gets up and heads to the bathroom, closing the door after entering.

I am not getting it out of her, and I don't know if I want to. It's not my problem; whoever matters to her already knows it, and that's what she needs. We are not that close.

I took care of her like I promised. On Wednesday, we were heading to the airport. I would be in London until Monday, which is when I would go to Azerbaijan for the next race there. Nina met us there, and we boarded in first class. It's only fair that Nina wouldn't go alone in economy. They sat together, and I was on my laptop most of the flight. We were almost landing, and she came to sit by my side.

"Thank you for helping me, I will make it up to you soon," Melanie says with a cheeky smile, and I nod.

"How will you make it up to me?" I ask curiously.

"I know a way or two. But you could tell me what would be proportional?" She asks as she leans closer.

"Sunday, before the next race. You and me, in my driver's room. Is that possible?" I test her offer, and her smile widens.

"It's a deal. I will see you then," she says happily.

"Probably sooner," I say cockily, and she laughs.

"I hope not," she kisses my cheek, catching the corner of my lips, and then gets up since the plane landed.

I have now a little over six months to get her to be in love with me. I need to get closer and closer, and I need a weak spot, something to make her want me, something I can use. But for now, I must keep her close, close enough to find out more.

Overall, I had a busy week and decided to wait until Azerbaijan to see her again. Rushing it will only make her suspicious. I texted her just to ask if she felt better, and she said she did. That is good enough for me.

Betting On Love ✯ George RussellOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara