🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 12

♫ When I'm doin' good, you get me off track
And I guess I kinda like that ♫  

Melanie Albon POV

"Ollie, can I tell you something?"

Using that nickname made me want to throw up, but it worked as I had hoped. He stopped pressuring my head against the table.

"What is it, Laney?" He asks, his voice softer. I need to keep lying to keep him calm and under control. This will hurt less if I don't resist and if he thinks everything is okay.

"He- He was never as good to me as you were. I- I missed you," I stutter through my words. I was nervous, but he could take that as me being emotional. And I think he did because he let go of me.

"Look at me, baby," he asks and stands up, turning me to him. He grabs my face, and our eyes lock. "Talk to me."

"I missed you. You were the best man I ever had. Do you hate me? I can't handle that," I say as my eyes fill with tears as I see Nina through the corner of my eyes. She was still not moving.

"I could never hate you, and I was too hard on you. I get why you left, but I could never hate you. I love you. Those months were the best of my life. I love you so much, baby," he is ecstatic, and I smile as I sniff.

"She is my best friend. Can you assure me she is fine? I want this, but I want to know she will be fine," I tell him as I put my hand softly on his chest, and he smiles as he nods.

"Of course. She will probably have a slight bruise and a headache, but I think she is breathing. Being drunk didn't help that much with recovering her conscience. I am sorry for hurting your friend. I thought you were with him. You were going to fuck him," he says as he approaches Nina, who slightly moans in pain, and I am relieved she is conscious.

"It's just sex, I don't care about him. I thought you would never want me, so I took what I could get," I say as he returns to my side. He smiles before kissing me, and I kiss him back.

"I love you so much, baby. Can I make you mine again?" He asks as his hands roam my body, and I nod as I feel a lump in my throat, making it hard to breathe, my pulse racing so hard that I could very well have a heart attack soon.

"I was always yours. Can we do this in the bedroom? You've never been here before, let me show you," I pretend to be excited, but how long can I keep this up for? Nina won't be capable of saving me; no one will come. This will happen, so at least it will happen on my terms this time.

"Take that dress and lay down for me, baby. Let me see you. As perfect as ever," he asks as he takes his shirt off, and I slowly take the dress off.

He took his belt off, and I flinched at the view, remembering what I had thrown in the back of my head for years. He was naked when he climbed on top of me. He started kissing my neck and lowered his kisses to my chest; my eyes were closed, imagining everything but this. Suddenly, his weight was lifted off of me, literally.

I open my eyes and see George at the end of the bed. He punches Oliver once, and it's enough for him to disintegrate to the floor as Nina did.

"Come here," he demands worriedly, and I am just in shock. "Put this on, and let's leave this damn house. Now! Do you hear me?" He asks, and I nod slowly as I put on the dress he picked from the floor. I give him my hand and follow him.

"Where is Nina?" I asked once we got to the entrance.

"She opened the door for me. She will be fine. She is at the neighbor's apartment," he knocks on the next-door neighbor's door, and he gets us inside rapidly. I ran to the couch, where Nina applied some ice to her probably broken nose.

"I am so sorry! I am so sorry!" I repeated over and over again as I cried my eyes out. She just hugged me and cried with me.

"Don't be. I am glad you are okay, I could never live with myself if you were with him alone. Is George okay?" She asks, and I look back, not finding George there.

"Where did he go?" I ask our neighbor.

"He went to make sure he didn't run away before the cops arrive," he tells me. I fear for George, but I also know he would never shut up if I went there. I might even distract him.

Ten minutes later, we heard sirens and then the noises of the cops approaching our floor. I opened the door, and I saw George standing by our apartment door. He looks at me and smiles.

"He is unconscious. I took my girlfriend and her friend out of the apartment after calling. He came after me and attacked me. He is in the living room, between the couch and the television. I just defended myself; I couldn't allow him to get to her again," he says calmly, and the cops nod, lowering their guns and entering the apartment.

"Are you okay?" I approach him and look for any injury, for anything, but I am sure Oliver either only hit him once or he was too weakened to have the strength to hit him. All George had was bloody knuckles and a bloody lower lip.

"Me? Are you okay?" He asks as he looks me up and down.

"I think Nina had it worse," I say as I see Nina being assisted by a paramedic.

"He got it worse," he says as a gurney enters the house, and I might be broken behind repair because I would fuck this man right now if I could.

The next few hours were tough, and when I returned to the apartment with George, I saw Alex there with Nina. He rushed to hug me when he saw me, and I hugged him back tightly.

"Thank you, thank you so fucking much. You should've told me. I would've taken care of that piece of shit," he says as he hugs him gratefully, and I smile as I sit by Nina's side. Her nose is indeed broken, and her face is a bit bruised and swollen, but she is generally okay.

"Oh, I took care of him. If you wanted to go a step further than I did, you would've had to kill the bastard," he says somewhat proudly and sits on the couch. I look at the now-patched hand and then at his face.

"Who was the guy? They said it was a trespasser, a random creep," Alex asks, and I gulp nervously. Fuck.

"He followed them from the bar. He was being creepy, so I called security to escort him out. I wanted her to text me because I had a feeling he was not trustworthy. My gut was right," Goerge says calmly, and I now wonder why he lied; he is not a stranger, and George knows it.

"Fucking asshole," Alex says as he shakes his head.

Well, do I owe my life and sanity to George? That is a shame.