🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 10

♫ Told you I was gonna get you right back
Oh, you don't really like that? ♫

George Russell POV

The party was as good as expected. I was talking to Alex and Charles when I decided to get a drink, and I noticed a man approaching me as I watched Melanie dance with Nina on the other side of the club.

"Do you know her?" He asks as he leans on the bar and looks at where I was previously looking.

"Who?" I ask, confused about the approach he chose.

"Laney, do you know her? Smoking hot girl in the black dress, expensive Louboutin's and red lipstick, dressed for sin," he describes her with lust-filled words, making them almost disgusting coming from his mouth.

"I do; I bought her the Louboutins. How do you know Melanie?" I ask curiously. Laney is not a nickname I remember a single person calling her.

"She is my ex, and she likes to play innocent; you must have a firm hand with her. She is a tease. She never truly belongs to whoever she is with," he tells me, and I see the hatred in his eyes.

"Never heard about you. How long did that go for?" I ask curiously.

"A couple of months, never publicly announced, no meeting friends and family, I was probably the filler until she found someone worthy. I am just giving you a heads-up: no one is ever good enough for Melanie Albon," he is bitter about it and obviously never got over it.

Was it during a winter break? I don't remember her ever talking about a boyfriend, much less one who lasted for months. Alex would've never shut up about it if he knew.

"How long ago was that?" I question curiously.

"3 and a half years ago, broke up in early 2019," I see him taking a step back as he finishes the phrase. It was before we were ever involved.

"You should've moved on, mate; I know she has," I say as I pick my glass up, and I see her coming in our direction, making him take one more step back. She was too focused on me to notice him, or maybe she didn't care. Or he was full of bullshit.

"Hey!" She says excitedly.

"What's up?" I ask as she looks up at me.

"How about we do a few 'we shouldn't be doing this' things?" She asks as she kisses my neck, and I gulp as I see him watching, his gaze lowering; I had my arm around her waist, but I quickly dropped it to grope her ass. He is not getting that pleasure.

"Don't we already do that?" I ask with a smirk as I lean down to kiss her.

"You can be the 6, and I will be the 9," she teases before I kiss her. She wraps her arms around my neck, and I almost forget his existence. I wanted to forget him, but his voice was heard when the kiss ended.

"It's good to see you will never change, Laney. New guy to control?" He steps closer, and her whole body tenses in my embrace. Her face drops, and she turns her head to him before turning her entire body, but I keep a hand on her waist to pull her in if needed.

"What are you doing here? What the fuck?" She steps back, almost falling with the sudden shock, but she only backs into me.

"Missed me, Laney, or is the new boy richer? Those were expensive, I can bet he is spoiling you well," a smirk shows in his face and I raise my chin in challenge.

"Keep my name out of your mouth. I don't know who the fuck allowed you here, but it won't last long," I threaten, and he chuckles.

"Did the cat get your tongue? You were always hard to shut up, baby; want to relive old times with a real man?" he tries to touch her, but I pull her into my arms and take some steps back.

"Get the fuck out. I am here; use that audacity in finding someone new, fucking pathetic," I growl as I take a step in his direction. Melanie stops me as she puts a hand on my chest.

"Let it be; he is not worth it," she whispers as she stands between us.

"Do you really know him? You dated that?" I ask, perplexed by her dating choices.

"I did for a short time. Just forget it, please. Can you get him out of here?" She asks, and I nod as I look at the security guards.

"Give me a few minutes," I ask as I go in their direction.

I watched as they escorted him out, but his eyes were always on her like she was his possession. He stayed away for years. Why is he being a creep now? Fucking hell, I don't need this shit, neither does she.

"Why did it end? The relationship," I question as I arrive by her side.

"Didn't work; that happens a lot in relationships. I don't see how that's any of your business," she says coldly as the bartender hands her a drink.

"He spoke and acted like a creep. Is there anything I should look up for? Is he dangerous?" I ask worriedly, and she laughs.

"Why would you care? He is a guy who is mad he got rejected, but he will deal with it. He is not here anymore," she says as she prepares to leave my side.

"Maybe I can ask Alex. He would know who the hell you dated. Calling you Laney must be a clue for him to know which of the boyfriends that creep was," I tell her, and she immediately stops walking, turns to me, and stands very close to me.

"Don't you dare. Keep Alex out of this. My brother knows nothing; don't even tell him a word. Or forget whatever this is, George, I am serious," her anger makes me know Alex knows that guy, but he probably is not a fan.

"Come to me if you feel insecure. He might try to get in again, keep yourself accompanied at all times," I warn her, and she nods.

"Don't worry about me. You never did, so don't start now."

"Took you long enough," Lance comments as Alex is busy a few meters away.

"Are you getting nervous? I got this in the bag Lance," I say cockily, but deep down, I worried he might get inside the club. Something in me told me that the guy was abusive, and I would be damned if I let him hurt her. She is still my best friend's sister.