The black robe bowed 90 degrees.
“I’m sorry, young master-nim.” Mary bowed and responded with a shocked voice that was different than her usual GPS-like voice. Cale’s gaze headed toward the tree trunk behind Mary. Mary did not see this as she continued to rattle on with her head down. She was shocked by this as well. She didn’t want to cause a scene while Cale was injured.
“I didn’t do it on purpose, it just-” Mary hesitated for a moment before telling Cale the truth. “I felt oddly hungry. I was hungry, so…” Mary’s speedy response reached Cale’s ears.

“Mary.”
“Yes, young master-nim. I’m so-”
“You did very well.”
Mary lifted her head up. She could see that Cale was smiling at her.
– Human! That smile doesn’t suit you very well!
Cale completely ignored the six-years-old Dragon’s comment and continued to speak.

“Wait, Human I was wrong back then!!” Raon suddenly exclaimed and turned to look up at Cale apologetically. “Human, I was only a little wrong because I hadn't seen you smile like that in a long while! Smiling suits you, so you must smile more…” Raon urgently commanded Cale.
Raon sounded oddly frantic, but Cale couldn’t figure out what his youngest was so worried about, so instead he cradled Raon's head gently in his hand and reassured him.
“It's alright. I know what you meant!” Cale comforted Raon, he was not convinced, but by the time he figured out what to say to correct the miscommunication between himself and Cale, Naur had already continued the record and everyone was lured into concentrating on the record again.

“Mary, you were hungry?”
He looked at the black tree trunk. There was a spot the size of Mary’s small palm that was a different colour than black.
“…Yes sir, I suddenly felt really hungry.” The shocked Mary almost mumbled the response. The black robe was moving up and down because she was so anxious. Cale pointed to all of Section 7 with a satisfied expression on his face.
“You can eat it all.”
Mary could see the black tree trunks, no, the dead mana, that was covering Section 7.
“It’s yours.”
She looked back at Cale.
“Do whatever you feel like doing. You can do whatever you want.”
Cale’s gift was delivered to Mary.

“Oh wow!”
“Of course, Young Master likes to give and reward in a large scale…” TCF!Tasha whispered to her awe-struck counterpart, who could only nod and agree – recalling how Cale had allowed the Dark Elves to take the dead mana from when they fought alongside the Caro Kingdom, and again when they fought against Elisneh in the maze beneath the Molden Kingdom. It made frightening sense that as someone who was both thorough in his rewards and punishments Cale would be the kind of person who thoroughly rewarded his companions with whatever they wanted and needed.

<Chapter 316: I’m Hurt (2)>
“…However I want?”
Cale nodded his head at the GPS-like voice that had returned to its normal calmness.
“Yes. I don’t care whether you take it all or share it with others. Do whatever you want.”
Mary looked back and forth between Cale and the tree trunks. The glutton was talking in Cale’s mind as he watched Mary.
– It needs to be purified. There’s a limit to how long the trees can hold it in.

The Man-Eating Tree in the Henituse territory.

TBOAH!Deruth and TCF!Deruth’s eyes widened as the greyscale image of the Man-Eating Tree in their territory appeared on the Palantír according to Cale's recollection of it.

People had avoided the desolate area around the tree, however, that area had not become a dead area from dead mana. Everything would just dry up over there.
– Dead things that do not return to nature and instead remain in the world start to cause issues for other lifeforms.