5 | Music

"What do you wanna do once we get home?"

"I do not know... I feel sad now, being reminded of my past,"

At a red light, Hinata quickly turned on his phone and called someone. "Hold this." He handed the phone to Komaeda after turning it on speaker.

"Hajime-chan??"

"Mioda, I need your help. Uh, sorry for getting mad at you the other day, by the way. Komaeda's sad and you're good at cheering people up, so I thought-"

"Kyaaaaa!!! Ibuki loved cheering up cute boys and girls and girls and boys and everyone else!!" She squealed. "Nagi-chan, can you hear me?"

"Mhm,"

"You will be the happiest person in the world when I'm done with you! Mark my words!"

-

"Cheer up, Nagi-chan!" She squished his cheeks. "What's got you feeling sad?"

"Hinata-kun reminded me of all my dead loved ones..."

"Hajime-chan, why would you do that?!"

"It was an accident!"

Mioda shrugged. "Whatever. Your friends might be dead, but ya know what never dies?"

"What?"

"Rock n' roll!" She screamed, pulling out her guitar and beginning to play.

"Rock and roll is here to stay, it will never die! It was meant to be that way, though I don't know why! I don't care what people say, rock and roll is here to stay! We don't care what people say, rock and roll is here to stay! Rock and roll will always be, I dig it to the end! It'll go down in history, just you watch, my friend-!"

"Mioda!" Hinata interrupted her. "Komaeda seems a bit... uh, overstimulated? Overwhelmed?"

The pale man stared at her with wide eyes. "Wh-wh... wha..?"

"He's a bit old-fashioned. He only ever listened to, uh, traditional Japanese music,"

"Wha... what's that..? Music?"

"HUH?!" Mioda gasped. "Have you never heard of... music?!?!"

"No,"

She grinned. "Let me introduce you to the world of girl's love! It's slippery when we- Wait, wrong text! Let me introduce you to the world of rock n' roll!!"

"You keep saying that. Rock and roll... what is that?"

"It's a music genre,"

"But what is music??"

She played a few tunes on the guitar. "This! Hajime-chan, go get your bass! This next song won't be rock n' roll, but that doesn't really mater,"

"What? It's been so long-"

"Go get it!!"

"Fine, okay!" He hurried off and then came back, carrying a black bass with flames and skulls painted on it.

Komaeda gasped. "Such violent imagery!" He shrieked. "Why dead humans?!"

"Huh??"

"On that- that thing..? The base!"

"My bass. It's not supposed to be real people, I just wanted it to look cool,"

He shuddered. "It reminds me of my mother,"

"What do you mean?" Mioda asked.

"Ah, nothing,"

(Me when I incorporate my other interests into my stories 😈😈)

"Okay! One two three, go, Hajime-chan!" She shouted and the brunet began to play. "Na na na na, na-na-na-na, yeah! You are the music in me! You know the words once upon a time, make you listen, there's a reason! When you dream there's a chance you'll find a little laughter or happy ever after!" She sang. "Your harmony to the melody, it's echoing inside my head! A single voice, above the mise and like a common thread. Hmm, you're pulling me!"

Hinata sang along. "When I hear my favorite song I know we belong 'cause you are the music in me! Yeah, it's living in all of us it's here because-, because you are the music in me!"

"Oh, that sounds so romantic!" Komaeda interrupted. "Are you two together?"

"Nah, but we used to be," Hinata explained.

"Hajime-chan is a total player. He's dated several of his friends before," Mioda teased him.

"Yeah, I guess you could say I get all the girls. I'm chill like that." He casually flexed his muscles.

Mioda laughed. "Oh, shut up!" She giggled.