𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Y/n kept trying balancing her world's issues with the multiverse's issues. It was hard, of course, but she managed to do so. And she balanced her daughter role as well, after all her mother was all alone.
After Jeff's death, Rio became more quiet and silent, working in the hospital more and more to copy with her husband's death. Her house was silent now, she knew she wouldn't hear Jeff's grumpy voice early in the morning, she wouldn't see her husband's face before going to work, she wouldn't have her husband by her side in bad moments. She felt that way when her own father died too, and also when her young son, Miles, died. She couldn't help make the imagines of the two deaths go on and on in her mind. It was not their faults, of course. Neither of God.
Spider Woman was the problem.
When Jeff died, she was there, holding her husband body. When Miles died, she was there too, holding her poor baby's body with her web. But eventually she escaped, never mentioning those deaths. She surely wasn't the assasin, but if she was the hero, why couldn't she save them?
Rio hated her.
Rio hated Spider Woman which was so adored and worshipped by Brooklyn's people. If she was a proper hero, she wouldn't let people die just like that.

And Y/n knew that damn well.
Rio told her every time they would meet, when Y/n would go over to know how she was doing and to keep her company.
<<That Spider Woman... I despite her>> Rio stated.
<<Why?>> Y/n asked, glancing over her.
<<You even ask? She couldn't save your father, and years ago neither Miles.>>
<<She did not kill them, though.>>
<<But she is supposed to save people.>>
<<She's human, ma, she fail sometimes.>>
<<If she was human, she did not have all these superpowers.>>
<<Everyone have the right to make mistakes, ma...>>
Rio sighed <<Siempre estuviste de su lado ¿eh? You don't even react to your father's death.>>
That conversation took place in the kitchen. Rio was sitting to the table, holding her fists tigh together, hissing every word against the superhero. Y/n, on the other hand, was washing the dishes in the sink. She was turning her back to Rio, both of them couldn't see each other's expressions. And Y/n was glad. She was holding back the urge to shake, sadness and guilt were eating her up so bad. She knew she failed, and it was not the first or the second time she did. Multiple times she failed, and she couldn't help but, every time somebody would die in front of her eyes, escape from here. As if she was scared to die too.

The only place where she had the possibility to feel good, to feel at home was the Spider Society. Here with Gwen, Pav and Hobie everything was all right. And Miguel, unexpectly, was a great distraction too, even if he was not trying to do it. EVen if he knew damn well what was happening in her world, and it was not pleasant.
<<Is there any mission together today?>> Y/n asked, walking toward Miguel while he was on his platform, clicking and checking every monitor of every universe, as always. He was not surprised that she appeared all of suddent behind of him. He got used to it just like Lyla was usual to do. <<No, I am busy today.>> he said, not even turning around. Y/n walked around him, finally seeing his face, he was so concentrated. She sighed <<Oh come on, I don't want to go alone.>>.
<<Scared?>> he asked, it looked like he wanted to tease her but his low and cold tone made it look like it was a genuine and annoyed question.
<<No, I just enjoy having company.>> she said.
<<Then ask Ben if he is done with his mission, he'll come.>> he kept having his eyes focused on the monitors. Y/n nodded no <<He was still whining about his past, no thanks.>> then she sighed <<Come on, come with me.>>.
<<If you want company, ask someone else.>>
<<But I am used to work with you.>>
His eyes shifted for a second on her, as if he was thinking of what to say or how to act. But nothing came out of his mouth for that one moment, neither a sound, a word, nothing. His eyes, then, shifted again on the monitors <<Alone or someone else. Your choice.>>.
Y/n sighed <<Ahhhh you are so boring.>>.
<<And you complained about Ben huh?>> he said, that was said in a teasing way about her whine, but still hidden by his voice. Y/n rolled her eyes <<Where is the mission anyway?>>.
<<Earth-765 it's... huh?>> he interrupted himself, looking to a specific monitor. Y/n had a confused expression but eventually checked over his arm. Last monitor on the left, an ambiguous white figure with black dots appeared, as people started running and screaming.
<<What's going on?>> Y/n asked, looking at the monitors.
<<Earth-6132. There is an unknown villain, looks like he can create portals and travel through them.>> he explained <<I never saw it before. He could be dangerous.>>
<<Surely... he looks like a public danger than a villain...>> she said as the figure teleported from a place to another hitting its face against a light pole. She had to hold in a laugh as Miguel gave her a deep side eye. She bit her lower lip to do not let the laugh out <<I'll take this one.>>.
Miguel rolled his eyes <<Go.>>.
She put on her mask and started walking away, opening a portal to her Earth, giving a last glance to Miguel and then got through it.