𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Spiderwoman stood next over The Lizard, her heart still pounding from the intense battle, where she almost died. But thanks to a little help she did it. The adrenaline coursed through her veins as she watched the police officers approach cautiously. They spoke to her <<We assure you, we will take The Lizard to jail. Thank you for your help, Spiderwoman.>> one of them spoke. She nodded with a smile, under her mask <<No problem, it's my job after all.>> she said, but couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Something else had caught her attention.
Out of the corner of her eye, Spiderwoman the now familiar figure, Spiderman 2099, stealthily sneaking into an abandoned building nearby, hiding in the shadow. Curiosity piqued <<Uhm you have to excuse me.>> she said to the police officers, thanking them for their assistance, and swiftly swung into the house using her trusty webs.

Inside the dimly lit building, Spiderwoman found Spiderman 2099 meticulously scanning the surroundings, ensuring there was no one else present. Suddenly, he pressed a button on his watch, and before her eyes, a hexagonal portal materialized. Intrigued, she approached him cautiously, curious to know more about this extraordinary device.
<<What is that?>> Spiderwoman inquired, her voice filled with wonder.
Spiderman 2099, caught off guard by her presence, turned around and sighed. <<It's none of your business.>> he replied curtly <<Curiosity kills cats, you know.>>.
Undeterred by his dismissive response, Spiderwoman persisted even more <<But I'm am not a cat. What is that portal? Where does it lead?>>
Reluctantly, Spiderman 2099 relented <<It's a portal, a gateway to other dimensions.>> he explained, his voice laden with annoyance.
Spiderwoman's eyes widened in astonishment <<So, you mean there are other Spiderwomen like me in other dimensions?.>>
A nod from Spiderman 2099 confirmed her suspicion <<Yes, there are countless versions of Spiderwomen across the multiverse.>>
The revelation left her exhilarated, and without a second thought, Spiderwoman blurted out <<I am coming with you then!>>.
Spiderman 2099's response was immediate and resolute. <<No, absolutely not.>> he declared, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.
Frustration welled up within Spiderwoman, but she refused to back down <<I'm a 25-year-old adult woman, and I can make my own decisions.>> she retorted defiantly.
A dismissive grunt escaped the male Spiderman as he repeated his refusal, asserting his authority over the situation <<I am the one who decides, and it's not happening.>>.
Undeterred, Spiderwoman's mind raced as she contemplated a way to change his mind. She decided to employ a little trickery <<Tell me, why did you come into my dimension in the first place?>> she asked, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and determination.
Caught off guard by her question, Spiderman 2099 hesitated before answering <<Because...>>. His voice trailed off, leaving the sentence unfinished.
Eager to seize the opportunity, Y/n pressed further <<Because why?>>.
Spiderman 2099 sighed, his guard was still up, he didn't intend to down it <<Because I was looking for someone, someone who could help me.>>
A glimmer of realization sparked within Y/n's eyes <<Help you with what?>> she prodded, hoping to expose a weakness that would change his mind.
Spiderman 2099's gaze met hers, and he hesitated once more <<I need to find a way to save other dimensions, to prevent the catastrophe that could come over them.>>
A surge of empathy washed over Spiderwoman. She understood his plight and shared his desire to protect their respective worlds. With newfound resolve, she made her move.
<<I can help you.>> Spiderwoman declared, her voice filled with conviction.
Spiderman 2099's stern expression remained momentarily <<No, you are not as strong as me.>> he argued, his voice tinged with harshness <<You almost died here in your own dimension.>>.
Undeterred, Y/n walked closer to him, her voice low and determined <<But I volunteer.>>. He frowed and got closer, as if he wanted to intimidate her with his body size. He was surely taller and bigger than her <<But I decide and I said no.>>.
<<Seems you have no one at your side yet still.>> she said, provoking him playfully. He seemed he got even more mad about it. But before he could even speak, she continued <<Maybe it's the fate that wanted us to meet.>>.
<<I don't believe in fate.>> he stated.
<<I do.>> she smiled, and that pissed him off even more. She was getting on his nerves pretty much.
A flicker of uncertainty danced in Spiderman 2099's eyes, but whether he would yield to her persistence remained uncertain.
The hexagonal portal was still there, waiting for someone to get in.
Spiderman 2099 was still worried and thinking about it but before he could even say something, the Spiderwoman suddently said <<See ya on the other side!>>. Before he could realize what she meant by it, she jumped in the portal.
<<Ay coño...>> he hissed angirly, before he went in, and the portal closed.