𝐆𝐰𝐞𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐲|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

The shimmering portal deposited Y/n and her companion into the heart of the Spider Society's headquarters. As she stepped through, the familiar tingle of interdimensional travel faded, and she found herself among a flurry of activity. Various Spider-People from different universes trained, chatted, and went about their business, creating a vibrant, otherworldly atmosphere.
Next to her, she found Jess and the white Spiderwoman too. Miguel was already striding away, his blue and red suit gleaming in the ambient light.
<<Take care of her, Y/n. I've got work to do. Jess, you come with me.>> he called over his shoulder before disappearing into the crowd. Jess looked over Y/n <<I'll see you later.>> then she walked after Miguel.

Turning to her companion, Y/n noticed the awe in the girl's eyes. Gwen Stacy from Earth-65 looked around, her gaze wide with amazement as she took in the bustling scene before her.
Y/n couldn't help but chuckle softly. She found her expression so amusing <<I remember that look. It was my reaction the first time too. You'll get used to it.>> she remarked, a fond smile playing on her lips.
The young spiderwoman glanced at Y/n, a faint blush coloring her cheeks <<It's just... so much.>> she admitted, her voice filled with a mix of excitement and trepidation.
As Y/n was about to say something, she was interrupted by the girl's introduction <<I'm Gwen. Gwen Stacy.>> she said, extending her hand.
Y/n took Gwen's hand with a warm smile <<Y/n, Y/n Morales. It's great to have you here.>> she replied, feeling a surge of camaraderie towards this new ally.
Gwen looked at Y/n for a while, blinking a few times. Y/n was confused but eventually asked <<Something bothered you?>>.
Gween shook her head, Y/n sensed something was hidden <<No. No no no... I... sorry that was awkward.>> she replied. But Y/n nodded no with her head <<Don't apologize. Come, I'll show you around.>>.
As they made their way through the headquarters, Y/n continued to show Gwen around the Spider Society's headquarters, introducing her to various members and explaining the different training areas and laboratories.
But something seemed weird. Gwen was looking at her with curiosity. Almost as if she knew her already.
As they walked, Y/n inquired about Gwen's accommodations for the night <<Also... you have a place to stay?>>.
Gwen's demeanor shifted, her expression growing guarded and distant <<No... I can't just go back on my word, especially after what happened with my dad.>> she murmured, her voice tinged with sadness and apprehension.
Y/n nodded understandingly, recognizing Gwen's reluctance to accept help <<I get it.>> but then, as if she switched a botton, an idea lighed up her mind <<I've got a spare room at my place. You're more than welcome to stay there until you figure things out.>> she offered, hoping to provide Gwen with a sense of security during a tough time.
Gwen hesitated, unsure of how to respond. After a moment, she gave a hesitant nod <<I... I guess that would be okay. If you don't mind.>> she said softly, her guard lowering slightly as she accepted the offer.
<<I don't mind at all.>> Y/n smiled.

They made their way to a quiet corner of the headquarters, where a pulsating orange portal awaited them. Y/n gestured for Gwen to follow, and they stepped through, emerging into Y/n's cozy apartment.
Gwen looked around, her eyes filled with wonder as she took in the comfortable surroundings. It was everything so calm, so cozy and comfortable <<Do you live alone?>> Gwen asked, curiosity evident in her voice.
Y/n nodded, glancing at the young Spiderwoman looking around <<Yeah, it's just me here. My parents have their own place.>> she replied, glancing around the living room. Then she took off her shoes and her mask.
Gwen's gaze fell on a framed photograph on a nearby shelf. In the picture, two younger adults stood with two children. Y/n, recognizable by her distinctive features, stood alongside the other child, who Gwen seemed to recognized.
Gwen's expression grew pensive as she looked at the photo <<Your family?>> she asked softly, sensing the significance of the moment.
Y/n nodded, her voice tinged with emotion <<Yeah, that's my family. My mother Rio, my father Jeff, and that's Miles.>> she said, her tone somber.
Gwen's eyes widened as she processed Y/n's words. But it looked like she knew already <<You have a brother.>> she stated, a note of understanding in her voice.
Y/n's gaze softened <<Yes I had.>> she said quietly.
Gwen's expression shifted, a pang of empathy crossing her features. Miles was not alive anymore.
<<I'm sorry...>> she hesitated, before asking <<How... how did it happen?>> her voice filled with compassion.
Y/n took a deep breath, the memory of that tragic day resurfacing in her mind as if it just happened yesterday <<It was years ago, when I was still new to being Spider-Woman. There was a villain I was fighting, and Miles was there. He... he fell from a tall building. I was too slow, too stressed, but I managed to catch him with my web, before he could hit the ground.>> she took a deep breath and kept talking <<But when I looked at him... he wasn't breathing anymore. I couldn't save him in time.>> she explained, her voice filled with sorrow and regret.
Gwen's eyes reflected the pain she felt for Y/n's loss. She felt pain just as if Gwen knew Miles, as if it just happened in that moment in front of her eyes.
Gwen looked at her, offering silent support <<I'm so... sorry.>> she said softly, her voice filled with genuine sympathy.
Y/n nodded, grateful for Gwen's understanding <<It was... it changed everything.>>  she admitted, her voice trembling slightly as she spoke.
Gwen could almost see Y/n's eyes water. But her eyes didn't. She took a deep breath again and cleared her throat, walking to the kitchen <<You like ramen? I could cook some.>>.
Gwen nodded, still staying at her place. She glanced at the photo again, stroking the surface where Miles was. So young and pure.
She answered anyway <<Yes, thank you.>>