𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Y/n and Lyla strolled through the bustling halls of the Spider Society's headquarters, the air filled with a sense of purpose and camaraderie. As they walked, Y/n noticed the friendly nods and greetings from the spider people around them, welcoming her as the new recruit.
<<Seems like you're already making quite an impression, Y/n.>> Lyla remarked, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
Y/n smiled and returned the greetings with a wave <<It's nice to be welcomed into such a vibrant community.>>.
Lyla chuckled, her playful nature radiant <<Just wait until you meet the rest of the team. They're an interesting bunch, to say the least.>>.
Curiosity burned within Y/n, and she turned to Lyla <<So, Lyla, tell me more about the Spider Society. Who founded it, and what do Spiderpeople do?>>.
Lyla's expression softened as she began to explain <<The Spider Society is an elite force founded and led by Miguel. He's a bit grumpy and cold at times, but he's a brilliant leader. We're an organization of Spider-People from different dimensions, united to protect the multiverse from any possible threat.>>
Y/n's eyes widened in awe <<So, we're like the guardians of the multiverse?>>.
Lyla nodded, her voice filled with pride <<Exactly! Our mission is to preserve the balance and ensure the safety of all dimensions. And we operate from our massive headquarters located in Nueva York, Earth-928. We call it the Spider-HQ.>>.
Y/n's brow furrowed with confusion <<Earth-928? What does that mean?>>.
Lyla grinned, her playful nature shining through <<Well, you have to know that each universe has its own Earth. Earth-928 is where our Spider-HQ is situated and where we are now. It's like a code, indicating the unique version of Earth.>>
Y/n nodded, beginning to grasp the concept <<So, my Earth has a code too?>>.
Lyla nodded as her eyes sparkled with amusement. <<You are from from Earth-6132.>>.

As they continued their walk, Y/n's excitement grew, eager to learn more about her new role in the Spider Society. However, their journey was abruptly interrupted by Miguel's stern voice.
<<I'm done with my work.>> Miguel announced, his tone gruff and cold. <<Lyla, I'll be taking her back home now.>>. And with "her" he meant Y/n to her dimention.
Lyla's playful demeanor instantly vanished, replaced by a determined expression <<Miguel, we need her here. She's just joined our ranks, and there's so much she can contribute. And you know that.>>, she spoke. The last sentence came out rigid by Lyla's mouth.
Miguel's gaze hardened, his resolve unwavering <<Lyla, we do not and you know what I think about it already. We can't afford to gamble with the multiverse.>>.
Y/n's heart sank, torn between her newfound sense of belonging and the obligation to her own Earth. She stepped forward, her curiosity unyielding. She really liked the Spider Society. If all these people got recruited here, why she couldn't?
Lyla rolled her eyes annoyed. She didn't care if Miguel was her creator or not. Her mind spoke for her <<Just because you see her in every->>.
<<Not another word.>> Miguel spoke coldly, interrupting her, as if Lyla was going to say something that Y/n did not know at all. And maybe he didn't even want to tell her.
But Y/n curiosity grew and she asked <<What about me?>>.
<<It's none of your business.>> Miguel spoke with his cold behavior again, as if he wanted to intimidate her. But it didn't work. She kept talking back to him <<If it's about me, then yes it is.>>.
<<It's not.>> he said. Seemed like he didn't want to give her an explaination of what he was talking abou.
<<Then let me stay here. I really want to help.>> Y/n said, pleading for it. She now got in this word. If all these people were here, why she couldn't be?

Was she a problem?

Miguel sighed and started muttering something under his breath as he held the bridge of his nose like if she was giving him an headache.
Miguel sighed and looked at Lyla, who was by Y/n part. She had her arm crossed and an eyebrown raised.
Miguel's eyes bore into Y/n's, studying her unwavering resolve. After a moment of silence, he released a heavy sigh <<Very well. I will give you a chance, but know that the stakes are high. We will explore every avenue to ensure the safety of both your Earth and the multiverse.>> he got closer <<But if you fail any mission, you are out. Understood?>>.
A surge of hope bloomed within Y/n's chest, her spirit reignited. She exchanged a grateful glance with Lyla, silently appreciating the AI's unwavering support, nodding at Miguel's threath <<I understand, thank you.>>.