𝐍𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐚 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Y/n's heart raced as she took a leap of faith and jumped into the mysterious hexagonal portal. Instantly, she felt a surge of otherworldly energy enveloping her, transporting her to a realm beyond imagination. The sensation was both supernatural and fantastic, leaving her in awe.
As she emerged from the portal, the world around her seemed to glitch and warp, like a surreal digital landscape. It was as if she had stepped into a dimension crafted from advanced technology yet to be discovered. Words of amazement escaped her lips, "Wow" and "Woah," as she marveled at her surroundings.

Finding herself standing on solid ground, Y/n realized she had landed on a floor that resembled an elevator descending into the unknown. She glanced around, taking off her mask to catch her breath. As she did so, a faint "thud" echoed through the air. To her surprise, Spiderman 2099 emerged from the same hexagonal portal, gracefully landing on his feet. His gaze locked with Y/n's as she giggled nervously, sensing an intensity behind his blue and red mask.
Turning her attention away, she noticed a colossal window revealing a breathtaking view of a cityscape unlike any she had ever seen before. Unfamiliar buildings towered in the distance, hinting at a world unexplored. It was at that moment she realized she was upside down, and the "elevator" she stood in was going up.

Abruptly, the elevator jolted to a stop, causing Y/n to steady herself. Spiderman 2099 broke the silence, uttering the words <<Over here.>>.
Y/n turned to see a massive black gate adorned with a red spider emblem, which swung open invitingly. Following Miguel, she stepped into a bustling gathering of extraordinary individuals.
The sight that unfolded before her eyes was mesmerizing. She beheld a multitude of spider people, each engaging in lively conversations or quietly minding their own business. Spiderman 2099 led the way while Y/n trailed behind, taking in the peculiar yet captivating scene.
<<Welcome back, Miguel,>> a Spiderman greeted Spiderman 2099. Y/n deduced that Miguel must be his name.
Another woman, proudly donning a red and black spidersuit that accentuated her luscious afro, approached them. <<Welcome back, Miguel.>> she warmly greeted Spiderman 2099 and acknowledged his companion. Miguel remained indifferent, merely expressing gratitude <<Thanks.>>. Meanwhile the pregnant woman's eyes landed on Y/n, and the question escaped her lips <<New recruit?>>. Miguel immediately spoke <<No. I am taking her back after I finish something.>> he said.
Y/n, still feeling the harshness in hus voice she introduced herself to the woman <<I am Y/n Morales, anyway.>>. The woman smiled happily <<Jessica Drew.>>.
Jessica eyes landed on both Y/n's arm noticing she didnt have anything. Just then she handed Y/n a watch, identical to the one Spiderman 2099 possessed.
<<Wear it. Without it, glitches could occur due to the unfamiliar environment.>> she spoke. Y/n nodded, not still understanding the situation but wore it anyway <<Thanks.>> she said, putting it on. After conveying this important information, Jessica excused herself and went on her way.

Meanwhile, Spiderman 2099 distanced himself from the crowd, gravitating towards towering red monitors. Y/n's eyes widened in fascination as she observed the vibrant displays. Sensing her curiosity, Spiderman 2099 quickly warned <<Do not touch.>> he glared at her, emphasizing the importance of caution.
Y/n stood there, surrounded by the enigmatic spider people, her mind buzzing with questions and excitement.
As Spiderman 2099 was checking something on the monitor, pressing various buttons on the keybord, suddently a small figure materialized by his side, making Y/n a little surprised.
<<Lyla don't do that.>> Miguel seemed not impressed but pretty annoyed. It was a girl with brown short hair, pink heart glasses and a white coat on herself, that looked so soft.
The small figure, that probably was Lyla, sighed <<Oh jeez, just smile sometimes. It does not kill you!>> she seemed like she was a funny girl. When she turned, she saw Y/n standing.
She suddently materialized next to her, starling her a bit <<Oh Miguel took you here?>>.
<<No I actually came here.>> Y/n spoke. Miguel spoke with his low voice, as his mask dematerialized from his face. For now Y/n could see his brown hair, and his hard masculine features <<She came in the portal, I'll take her back soon.>>.
Y/n sighed <<But I said I can help you with your work and mission.>> she said. But it looked like Miguel already decided <<I said no.>>.
She sighed and looked at the small woman figure, that now spoke to Y/n <<He always tries to have men by his side, he is a mysogynist.>> Lyla spoke, making Y/n chuckle.
Miguel immediately talked back <<I am not a mysogynist. She is not as strong as me that's->> he tried to explain, but Y/n interrupted him by showing Lyla was right. She nodded << Yes, he is.>>.
Lyla smirked <<Told ya. You think like me, I like you.>>.
<<I like you too.>> Y/n smiled <<I am Y/n.>> she introduced herself.
The small figure bowed <<I am Lyla, Miguel's A.I.>>.
Y/n took this occasion to ask a few question about Spiderman 2099 <<So his name is Miguel?>>.
The A.I. woman nodded and started talking in a dramatic way, pointing to Miguel <<The so known Miguel O'Hara, Spiderman 2099, the most powerful, the most wonderful, the most->>.
<<Quit it Lyla.>> Miguel spoke. Looked like he was quiet but hearing their conversation.
<<Okay sorry.>> Lyla got serious again <<Don't mind him. He is always so grumpy, short-tempered and unfunny. But hey, he showed you around?>>.
Y/n nodded no <<Not yet.>>.
<<Not never. You will not stay here.>> he spoke again. Lyla frowed <<How come so?>>.
<<Because she is going away soon. And thats it.>> Miguel spoke with his cold behavior again. Lyla rolled her eyes and mocked him with her hand, as she materialized on Y/n shoulder now <<Don't worry. He's always like this. I'll show you around. Welcome to Nueva York!>> she smiled excited.
<<Nueva York?>> Y/n echoed confused.