CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Avada Ke-HOLY CRAP!" Sirius' wand fizzled as the unfinished spell went nowhere.

"Ahh!" Harry was exclaiming as he clenched his eyes shut and kept growing closer to normal size. "Ahh… ahh… uh?" He trailed off as he opened up his eyes and saw the wards passing harmlessly through his suddenly translucent body. "This is new."

Sirius lowered his wand and stared up at the semi-transparent ghostly form of his godson. "Harry! Oh god, Harry. I'm sorry."

"I'm not dead," Harry replied back to the still tiny Sirius. Harry waved his transparent hand and arm through the wards without even feeling a tingle. "Am I?"

"What the hell happened?" Sirius asked stepping back from the ward before he countered the shrinking charm on himself. "You're a ghost!"

"That couldn't have killed me," Harry said frowning. He was poking himself and saw his body reacted normally to his own touch. "There's no way."

Sirius reached forward and his hand passed right through Harry's arm. "You're cold."

Harry stepped towards Sirius and swung his arms through his godfather touching nothing.

Sirius shivered at the sensation. "What did you do? Accidental magic?"

Harry scratched his ghostly head. "I've never heard of anything like this. I mean I was trying to think of ways around the wards and pleading for help. The only thing I could think of was with the animagi ward in front of me-"

Sirius gasped and stepped back.

"What?" Harry said looking down and turning around. "What'd I do now?"

"That's it!" Sirius exclaimed. "That's what… oh this makes perfect sense!"

"What does?"

"You're a ghost!"

"But I never died."

"No, no," Sirius corrected. "You're a ghost! Your animagus form is dead Harry!"

Harry frowned. "That's not a form."

"I told you, you killed your form," Sirius cheered. "That's why the mist was grey and you kept seeing yourself hazy. You're a bloody ghost!"

"But that doesn't…" Harry stopped. "I mean that… I couldn't… My animagus form is a ghost?"

"McGonagall was even talking about magical entities other than animals," Sirius happily continued. "Ghosts are all in-between and that's why you didn't get black or white mist. That's why you were sometimes invisible. Oh this is so freaking cool."

"But I still look like me," Harry pondered.

Sirius shrugged. "You're wearing the same clothes but you look like a ghost to me."

Harry walked right up to the next set of wards and slowly stuck his arm straight through them. "This is sweet! Hardly anyone wards against ghosts."

"Oh come on," Sirius grumbled. "That's cheating."

Harry got down on his hands and knees and submerged his head down into the ground without interference. There was a brief beat before his head came right back up. "That was unpleasant."