The king, nightmares, and bears, oh my!

Start from the beginning

 “Sure thing kid, common sweet cheeks your needed in the kitchen.” Garret says offering me a hand to get up.

Grunting I ignore his hand and head to where Jane stands.

“So what are we eating?” I ask her.

“Were supposed to be having eggs and these dried out biscuits, but it looks like we were robbed last night.” She replies.

“Alrighty then, looks like I’ll have to hunt.” I offer reaching for my bow.

“Why do you get to hunt?” Garrett says walking up to us with Nate on his shoulders. Seems like their getting along just fine.

“Because I said I would, now you stay here and do whatever they need.”

 “Hunting is for men, so leave this to me and Garrett.” Nate replies reaching for my bow.

“Don’t little boys fetch water or something.” I grunt turning on my heels and dismissing  them both.

Walking deeper into the forest I realize they haven't followed me. Good just how I like to hunt. Hiding behind a shrub I squat down and point the bow and arrow towards the ground. Hearing ruffling towards my left I aim in that direction.

Garrett's P.O.V

“Why is your girlfriend so cranky?” Nate asks for the umpteenth time. 

“She’s not my girlfriend.” I bluntly reply.

“She is a girl right?” he inquires.

“Mmhhm.”

“And she’s your friend?”

“I guess”

“So she’s your girlfriend.” He decides.

Sighing I take him off my shoulders and place him on the ground. We were looking for Matilda, his idea not mine. I honestly didn’t want to mess with her till she blew off some steam, plus she was holding a loaded bow and arrow.

“Okay Nate, stick close. You get mauled by a bear, I’m not sticking around for it to decide your not worth devouring thus it goes for me. Got it.” I tell him.

 “You’d let me get eaten by a bear!” he yelps shocked.

 “Course I would.”

 “I’ll put your word to the test then.” He smugly replies.

And with that he takes off running. 

Nate's P.O.V

I take off sprinting destroying everything in my path. I wasn’t breaking things on purpose; I just wasn’t watching where I was going. . .

 “COMMON BEARS!?! COME EAT ME!”  I yell stopping for just a minute.

 “Shhh what if there really was a bear here! You think I’m joking? I swear if I hear even the tiniest growl I’m high tailing out of here!” Garrett hisses.

“COMMON BEARY BEARY BEARY BEAAARRRYY!”

 “Shut up, kid!”

“MR. GRIZZLY!!!” I screech making Garrett squirm and look frantically about.

“Shhh!!!”

I do my best impression of a bear’s growl making him jump a few feet in the air.

“Did you hear that?” Garrett asks looking more like a scared toddler than a teenager.

“No.”

“I thought I heard a…no…never mind.” He says giving me suspicious look.

“Mmkay what ever you say…MR. GRIZZLEY!!!!” I pick up where I left off. 

As I'm about to put my foot down an arrow shoots out form the bush I was next to.

“What in the world?” I murmur.

“Man, Why did you move your foot!” Matilda says randomly popping out of the bush. 

My mouth hangs open in the air while Garrett handles this.

“You can’t just shoot the poor child!” he says.

“And why is that?” she retorts.

“Well because…what purpose would that serve?”

“Thanks to him, he’s probably scared off all the animals in an 80 mile radius of here! The arrow was only going to nick him anyway, he would have been fine.” She says waving her hand, as if it would shoo the problem away.

 “Fine but were going back to camp, you two are getting out of hand.” Garrett says reaching for our wrists. I take that as an opportunity to snag a free piggy back ride, and I climb on his back. I’m not a fan of walking. Matilda snatches her wrist out of his grasp, and walks back uttering nonsense the whole way.