Bruised Hearts and Unspoken Words

New update!!! Hope y'all still care about this story😔

Reign

Saturday, June 30th, 10:55 AM

Sweat beads glisten on my back as I lie on my stomach, barely recovered from the multiple orgasms that King had given me this morning. He holds my hips steady against the mattress with one hand, his grip is firm leaving bruises, while the other snakes around to the back of my neck, keeping me in place flat against the mattress. With one final, powerful thrust, he pushes me over the edge, and a deep, guttural moan escapes his lips as he releases inside me.

Physically drained but still somehow wired with adrenaline, I manage to prop myself up on my elbows and watch as King gets dressed. He avoids meeting my gaze, his movements mechanical, as if he's going through the motions without really being present. Sitting on the edge of the bed, his broad back turned toward me, he slips on his shoes, his muscles flexing with each movement. I move closer to try and wrap my arms around him, to pull him close, but he shrugs me off, and that shit stings more than I want to admit right now.

Returning to my previous position, I hide my face in my arm feening indifference, trying to hide the tears that threaten to spill over. I can hear King moving around the room, gathering his things to leave, and I swallow hard, willing myself to keep calm.

"Aite, I'ma see you lata, nigga," King says as he heads for the door, but I don't lift my head to respond. Instead, I throw up a peace sign without looking, feeling the weight of his leaving like a punch to the gut. As the door clicks shut behind him, I let out a shaky breath, my heart heavy with emptiness.

The way King has been treating me since that night feels like a punishment, each rejection a blow to my already fragile ego. Every attempt to talk to him about what happened is met with silence or denial, leaving me feeling more lost and confused than ever before. This is the third time he showed up only to fuck me until I'm numb and leave like the shit didn't mean anything. I know I should walk away, cut ties with him for good, but I can't seem to let go of this nigga. It's a toxic cycle, but I can't seem to break free from it.

I lay there, lost in my own thoughts, my mind spinning with different scenarios for how I'll confront King the next time he shows up at my door with that look in his eyes. I refuse to allow myself to be played like a hoe when I did nothing to deserve this treatment.

My phone ringing pulls me from my thoughts, and I let out a breath, not really in the mood to talk to anyone. Kai's name and a picture of us as babies pop up on my FaceTime app, and I groan, hoping this conversation doesn't involve her dumbass best friend. I quickly throw on some clothes before pressing the green button.

"Yea," I answer, sitting on the floor leaning against the foot of my bed. Kai pops up on the screen, in the bathroom with her phone propped up in front of her. She's wearing a large tee shirt that stops mid-thigh, probably what she slept in, and she's in the middle of flossing her teeth.

"Whatchu doin? Why you sound like dat?" she questions before leaning over the sink, rinsing her mouth.

"How I sound? I just woke up."

"I dunno, like a little sad ass kid. You and King still not talkin'?" she responds, leaning her hip on the sink and studying my face through the phone.

"No, but I'm just tired. I was up late lookin' at cars, I think I'ma go to this dealership on Monday," I lie, even though I was up late searching for cars to purchase. That has nothing to do with my mood but everything to do with King and his fucked-up ways.

"Oh, okay, well let me know if you want me to come with you."

"Yeah, if you can."

"Of course, but I did call you for a reason." She says before throwing her floss away and rinsing her mouth.