you up?

ReignMay 28th

Reign
May 28th.12:25pm
235 Cherry Dr

Man, waking up the next morning with the nastiest migraine was not the move I had in mind. But here I am, waking up on Kai's floor, my head pounding like a sledgehammer, and that pukey feeling creeping up on me. I should've been smarter, I know better. After sweating it out in that 98-degree blaze all day yesterday, I should've been chugging water. My body dries up quicker than you can blink, and trust me, I've been down this dehydrated road more times than I can count.

We basically camped out at the park all day, with King low-key bullying me into hopping on damn near every ride with him before we called it a day. Thanks to him, I'm starting to think I might've conquered my roller coaster fear. By the time we wrapped things up, I was so exhausted from baking under that relentless sun, I just crashed on Kai's bean bag chair, my jacket doing double duty as a makeshift blanket.

"Wake ya'll asses up! ya'll not bouta be sleep all day. GET UP!" 

Kai's mama busts into the room, banging pots and acting all extra right now. My head is throbbing so bad she's making it worse, and I swear, I could cry from how unnecessary she is.

"Ma, please! I'm beggin' you right now, please stop," Kai lets out this whiny groan from her bed, and Amber, looking all dazed, sits up beside her.

"I'ma give ya'll 20 minutes to get up an come help me. It's afta 12pm," she warns us before slamming the door on her way out. I've never disliked my aunt so much.

"Fuck! She stays doing the most," Kai exclaims, throwing a pillow at the door once her mom is gone.

I check my phone, spotting a few missed calls and texts from my sister, wondering where the hell I am. There are also a couple of notifications from Instagram and TikTok, but other than that, my social media is looking pretty dry. I shoot my sister a quick text, letting her know my location, even though I'm pretty sure my aunt already told her. I also beg her to bring me some fresh clothes, 'cause she probably be on her way here soon.

Our family's not really religious, so Sundays were usually spent relaxing and getting ready for the week coming up. But my aunt always cooks on Sundays for everyone. Aunt Tammy works in a law firm as an executive assistant to one of the partners and rarely gets to cook meals during the week due to her long hours, so Sundays are especially important to her.

"Yesterday was fun but did ya'll notice how weird King was actin'?" Kai says, getting out of the bed in only her panties and the shirt she wore to bed last night.

"Yea I did. He was bein' mean to everybody but Rei" Amber responds teasingly.

"Right! Like that was my cousin first bitch"

Kai and Amber do their little handshake, slapping palms and shit. I shake my head 'cause honestly, I couldn't tell you if King was acting any different or not. We've only just started really hanging out, so it's hard to say.