Chapter 25 - Silly attempts!

Khushi stepped inside his cabin with his cup of coffee. He was standing near the glass wall, facing his back to her and talking with someone over the phone.

"What? Is she out of her mind? Kaka, you put some sense in her mind. She can't keep suffocating and pressuring Khushi into forgiving her. Khushi needs to be given space and time to process and recover from this incident. Make her understand that she will make things worse if she comes here. If Khushi doesn't even want to look at my face, then imagine her reaction when she sees Di here."

Khushi was touched by his understanding nature. The fact that he understood what she was going through emotionally helped diminish the anger and hurt she was feeling before. This is what she needed. A little understanding and compassion from his side instead of acting indifferent to her pain.

The noise made when the coffee mug came into contact with the base of the glass table made Arnav turn to look at the source of the sound. His molten brown eyes glowed as if he found his object of affection.

"I'll call you later, Kaka. Don't forget to talk to Di," he whispered quickly before hanging up the call and walking towards her.

"Your coffee, sir," Khushi pointed to the cup, her eyes downcast.

Arnav rolled his eyes, annoyed by the way she called him, sir. It was normal as during office hours, she always addressed him like this. But he was desperately waiting to hear Arnav ji from her mouth.

When he saw her taking steps towards the door, he hurriedly walked around his table as his hand reached out to the coffee cup. He took a sip of the coffee and instantly commented before she stepped out of his cabin, "Acchi bani hai chai! (The tea is good)."

Khushi silently chuckled at his slip of tongue. What wrong with this man today? Was he so desperate to talk to her?

She turned her head to look at him and corrected him, "Coffee!"

And then she witnessed the humanoid robot bite back a smile, "Really? It tasted like tea."

Khushi gave him a suspicious look before she approached him to peek at the interior of the cup, "Dekhne mein toh coffee hi lag rahi hai (It's looking like coffee only)."

He followed her gaze, feigning innocence, "Yes, but I don't know why it tasted like tea!"

"If you want, then I can make you another coffee," Khushi said as her hand reached forward to take the cup from him.

Arnav shook his head, taking a seat on his chair, with the cup in his hand as he took another sip, "No. It's okay. You go and complete your work. I'll drink this coffee only."

Khushi glanced at him suspiciously, a slow slight smile crept across her face at his silly attempts to get her attention.

"May I go now?" she asked with a tone that implied 'Are-you-done-now?'.

Arnav looked up to her as he shrugged, "It depends on you."

Khushi's eyes widened incredulously at the implication. What happened to the man who used to shut her out of his cabin?

Khushi walked away from there with a dampened smile on her face. While Arnav sat questioning his own actions, he needed to behave moderately as he might be appearing too desperate and annoying to her at this point.

Two hours passed by, and he didn't get any of his work done. He was constantly getting affected by the unsettling feeling dominating his heart. It's been two hours, and nothing changed between them. She was outside his cabin, focused on completing her tasks, and he was staring at her through the TV, letting his overthinker side disturb him with negative thoughts. He couldn't help but fear losing her at this point. She seemed so determined to limit their relationship to professional levels, and he was not ready to lose the woman who could bring a smile to his face effortlessly.