Chapter 4 - Pakka Promise!

"Wow. He does normal human things also. He drinks. He drinks coffee," Khushi thought, surprised as she stepped inside the elevator and closed the door, pushing the 1st floor button while thinking about her boss, who ordered her to bring black coffee for him.

She reached at AR cafeteria and quickly ordered for one black coffee. 

She was waiting for the coffee, humming a song, absent-minded when someone came from behind and rested his hands on her waist, making her gasp as her heart skipped a beat. She only relaxed when she heard the person's voice and turned to face him, widening her eyes incredulously at him, "Aman, what is this? You scared me."

Aman grinned, "Surprise! Waise, you don't need to be scared. No one can ever dare to touch you the way I do here. Only I've this right on you, okay?"

Khushi shook her head, pushing him a bit away from her as she looked around embarrassed after realising everyone had their eyes on them. Aman frowned slightly as he tried to pull her into his arms again, "Kya hua Khushi?"

"Everyone is staring at us," Khushi took a step back, not letting him pull her closer as he intended to.

Aman rolled his eyes, "Big deal."

"Mere liye big deal hi hai. And please no PDA in our office," Khushi narrowed her eyes at him.

"You know, people here will think a beautiful girl like you is single. That's why I need to show them that you're committed to me. You're mine, only mine Khushi Kumari Gupta!" he said possessively as he flicked his finger over her nose.

"You already announced to everyone that day that I'm your fiancee. Ye sab karne ki zaroorat nahi hai (You don't need to do this)," Khushi shook her head as she turned to a waitress, who came to give her Arnav's coffee, she smiled politely taking the coffee cup from her hand and then turned to leave in hurry, "Accha chalo bye. Meet you at lunch break!"

"Okay, bye!" Aman waved at her.

*****************************************

Khushi hurriedly exited the elevator with Arnav's coffee cup in her hands and ended up bumping into him as he was about to enter, the coffee cup hit his chest and without being able to balance herself, it ended up slipping out of her hands and falling to the floor.

Arnav instinctively held her firmly by the waist, not letting her fall, as she was about to trip, unable to balance herself in her high heels. He helped her stand straight, narrowing his eyes at her the entire time.

Khushi gulped once she recovered from the shock. She guiltily gazed at his stained white shirt and black waistcoat, then shifted her gaze to his fuming in anger face, and she quickly held her ears apologetically, "I'm sorry sir. I'm really sorry. At this point, you might think I'm doing this on purpose to annoy you. But it's not true. I really didn't see you coming. I'm really sorry."

"Move," he said curtly in an annoyed tone.

Khushi backed away a little in fear, and he entered the elevator, looking at his own stained and wet clothes, gritting his teeth as he furrowed his eyebrows in anger.

"Sir.. I'll go and bring another coffee for you," her brain started working as she realized instead of pitying for the wasted coffee, she could go and bring him another fresh one and make his mood better. She quickly jumped inside the elevator before the doors closed, ready to amend her mistake in this situation.

"Do you really think I'm in the mood to drink another coffee brought by you?" he asked sarcastically.

"I'll be careful this time. I'll bring you best coffee, even better than the one I spilt on you, Pakka promise," she said, looking at him with her big innocent and fearful hazel eyes.