Chapter 14 - Dil Diyan Gallan!

When Anjali reached the hotel, she was about to call Khushi to inform her that she had arrived, when she accidentally bumped into someone. Even before she could see the person she accidentally bumped into, she started chanting, "I'm so sorry... I'm really sorry."

When she looked up to see who it was, the features on her face softened as she calmed down, realizing it was someone she knew, Aman.

"Aman, you.. what are you doing here?" Anjali asked.

"We have a meeting to attend with the CEO of Kashyap Events, Lavanya Kashyap. Her team is responsible for the upcoming launch event for the new clothing line of AR. So we're having this meeting to check the progress with her team," Aman explained.

Anjali nodded, disinterested.

"Your best friend broke my heart today," Aman said with hurt tone.

"Why?"

"She has moved on.. I'm the one who is still stuck in our past.. she is over me.. and I'm the one still grieving and pining over her.. I don't even know if it's still worth it.. to fight for our love.. my efforts to redeem myself.. when she is already in a relationship with your brother. Why am I even doing this? Only to get my heart broken in pieces.. You know what.. there's no need for you to help me anymore, Anjali.. everything is over between me and Khushi.. I really thought we had a chance.. but she has moved on with your brother now,"

"Wait.. what?" Anjali gasped, "Calm down, Aman.. from where did you get this information that Khushi and Arnav are in a relationship? From what I and her brother Shyam know, Khushi is still single now."

"I saw it with my own eyes, Anjali. She came with him to attend this meeting in his private car. And she was wearing his coat. What do you understand by this?" he asked with 'It's obvious' look.

Anjali shook her head as she sighed in relief, "You got it wrong, Aman!" She started to narrate the whole incident to him and the reason why Khushi had to wear Arnav's coat.

Aman's blood boiled, hearing that a stranger like Arnav knows something so personal about his woman. Only he has the right to know when she gets her periods. Why did she let that good-for-nothing spoilt brat know that it's her time of the month? What's wrong with this woman? Doesn't she know it's inappropriate to share with other men that she's on her periods?

However, his words came totally opposite of what he had in his mind, as he looked at Anjali forcing a relieved smile on his face, "Oh! So this was the reason she came wearing his coat," he hit her forehead lightly, "And stupid me thought she had moved on."

"Yeah, silly boy!" Anjali shook her head smiling, "You almost gave me a heart attack by saying Khushi is dating my brother.. I was like, what.. this is not possible. How come me and Shyam don't know about this? Why didn't she share anything with us first? And that too, my brother.. seriously Aman.. Arnav and Khushi are two poles apart in personality and beliefs. There's no chance for them to be in a romantic relationship. So, don't jump to conclusions next time, okay?"

"You're right. I don't know what happened to me.. I guess it's the fear of losing Khushi that's making me overthink and act irrationally. I'm going mad without her in my life.. I just can not bear the pain of our separation anymore," he said painfully and helplessly with tears in his eyes.

"Aman, calm down.. don't speak like this. I'm here, na.. I will help you get back with Khushi.. I'm sure she still loves you as much as you do. It's just that she's hurt and disappointed with you.. it's not easy for her to forget everything you did and forgive you easily.. but you don't have to give up on your love yet.. be patient.. I will do something. She will come back to you only," Anjali patted his shoulder, consoling him.