Chapter 11 - Mr. Cold Light!

Next day..
Raizada Mansion..

Arnav returned home after his jogging. He was going towards his room when Anjali came on his way. He halted on his steps, staring at her with his one eye brow raised in a questioning look.

"Good morning," she greeted him with a small, awkward smile. If he really cares  about her, then it's time she also takes a step forward to make their relationship better instead of just behaving like strangers living under the same roof.

"Good morning," he replied, looking at her weird.

"Voh.." she thought for a moment on which topic to touch to start a casual conversation with her brother, "Yesterday you called me to look after Khushi. She's better now, but unfortunately, she called off her engagement." Anjali said with a sad pity tone.

"Maine pucha hai? (Did I ask you?)" Arnav asked with a tone that hinted that he was not interested in knowing about her friend's private problems, little did Anjali know that he was the one who got detailed information directly from Khushi last night.

Anjali felt embarrassed. She cursed herself mentally for starting a conversation with him. When she turned to leave, his stopped her suddenly. She turned with a hope that he would start a conversation now with her, but what he said and the tone he used made her feel pissed off and upset with him.

"Listen.. I only allowed Miss Gupta to be your friend, not her ex-fiance. I don't want to see you around that guy," he said with a commanding tone, which irked her even more.

She looked at him frowning, "Don't forget that I'm your elder sister, Arnav. You can't order me like this and expect me to follow your rules like a puppy."

"Alright.. do whatever you want," Arnav shrugged, "We will have this conversation again."

"Thanks, but no thanks! It's my fault that I tried to initiate a casual conversation with you despite knowing your cold and cynical attitude," Anjali said irritated. She didn't wait to hear another word from him as she walked away from there.

*****************************************

At the kitchen..

Anjali leaned her back on the kitchen counter as she folded her arms, sulking and sharing what happened to Mohan Kaka, who was instructing the cook what to make for breakfast today.

"See, I tried Kaka.. but he always shows this arrogant, bossy attitude to me, which I don't like at all.. he's the same as Mom and Dad. I don't know why you keep singing praises of him," she said, furrowing her brows.

"Be a little patient with him, bitiya. He just came back recently from London after so many years. Give him some time to open up to you," Mohan Kaka shifted his attention to her as he explained with his usual soft, affectionate tone.

"Kaka, I really admire this quality in you that you're able to see goodness in everyone. But please understand, Arnav is changed now.. he's not the same 5 years old, little innocent boy who used to stay with you. He has grown up to be a ruthless businessman like Dad. He followed Dad's footsteps. Khushi perfectly described him, Rakshas!" Anjali said.

Mohan Kaka frowned slightly as he lowered his eyes, not wanting to disrespect his employer's daughter. He muttered, "I don't believe in all this. I know he's changed, but my Arnav beta is not a Rakshas (monster)."

Anjali sighed, knowing she won't be able to change the elder's man mind about Arnav. He's still stuck in his past only.

*****************************************

AR office..
Sometime later..

Khushi was cleaning Arnav's desk while thinking, "Thank God I reached before Aman in the office. Otherwise, he would have created a scene after seeing me. At least I'm safe here. He won't have the courage to step into this floor after Boss's warning. Speaking about him, I must do something to convey my heartfelt gratitude towards his gestures yesterday night. If I try to thank him personally, then that Rakshas.. ohho.. I promised I won't call him Rakshas anymore. Then what should I call this complicated man who helps people and then behaves coldly afterwards with them? Hmm..  Mr. Cold Light.. yes, I will call him Mr. Cold Light from now onwards."