Chapter 21 - Movie Date!

They were watching the movie in silence when suddenly he heard Khushi gasp, her jaws dropped and her hand reached to her chest as she jumped from her seat and dramatically scream horrified, "Tiger ji.. nahi!"

Arnav rolled his eyes to her side, glancing at her, taking her seat back apparently relieved after Tiger succeeds in the scene where he had to leap from the top of a mountain to hold on to a moving helicopter. She sobbed dramatically after recovering from the shock of watching her favourite actor performance on such a deadly stunt, "What's the need of risking your life always like this Tiger ji? You need to survive to come up with more instalments of this movie. Hey DM, please protect my Salman ji, keep him safe always. Usko hamari umar lag jaye (may he be blessed with my age as well)."

Two seconds later, the sounds of laughter echoed through the cinema room. Khushi turned her head to look at the source of the laughter sound, only to get completely mesmerised by a laughing Arnav. He looked so beautiful, his eyes squint when he's laughing, and glowed with a spark of a kid's innocence and genuineness.

This moment felt like magic. She was used to seeing this man with a straight face every day. It seems so unreal to watch him laugh like a kid. His laugh was magically filled with pure, innocent, and sheer happiness. His wide smile lit up his entire face. Man was glowing while laughing, and she was starting to get smitten with this man.

She kept staring at him, enchanted with his infectious laughter. When his eyes landed on her, his consciousness kicked in his mind. Khushi watched the smile fade away from his face, and she immediately regretted staring at him for so long and making him feel conscious of what he was doing.

His stiff demeanour was back as he looked back at the screen, mentally scolding himself for losing control like this in front of her.

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You were laughing at me when I was crying jumping from that mountain," Khushi asked intentionally to not let him feel awkward.

"Well," he glanced at her for a second before continuing, "let me remind you that this is fiction. In reality, your favourite actor's bones no longer have the capacity to accomplish such a feat. And, of course, most of the physically demanding stunts were performed by stunt doubles. So you don't need to worry about his safety, but the stunt doubles."

"And by the way, he is blessed with almost triple your age already," Arnav added with a teasing smirk.

Khushi's mouth opened in a big "O" shape. She furrowed her brows offended by the way he chose to insult her Salman ji, "You're talking like you won't reach his age. So what if he's 58? He's still the most beloved actor in our country, okay?! I bet you won't do half the things he does when you get to his age."

Arnav shook his head in disbelief, "It's impossible to talk logic with blind fans."

"Haan haan.. don't talk logic with me, kyun ki main dil mein aati hoon, samajh mein nahin," she retorted with a dialogue from Salman's movie, trying to raise her one eye brow with attitude to give more vibe to what she considered as her mic drop moment.

"You know what," he raised his one eyebrow perfectly that made Khushi stop her miserably funny failed attempt in embarrassment now while he continued, "You're deeply and seriously influenced by these over the top and illogical movies. That's why you can't bring seriousness, discipline, and focus to your work," he said, back to his Desi Dad's tone.

"Please don't talk about work. It's the weekend," Khushi pouted. She looked at him frowning, annoyed,"Aur khilaye mujhe kuch.. movie date par invite karte hain, aur kuch bhi nahi khilate hai (And feed me something.. invites me on a movie date and doesn't buy me anything to eat)," she demanded with her grumpy tone.