Chapter 1 - First meeting

Khushi was left alone in the cafeteria as Aman was instructed by a peon to go to Arvind's cabin. Her cup of coffee was left untouched on the table as she still shaken by the incident that happened between Aman and her boss, ASR. All the excitement and nervousness in a positive way she had for her first day at work got replaced by disgust and fear after she got an idea of the personality of the man she'll be working for.

"Khushi!" she looked up startled to see who called her. Then smiled a little after recognizing the familiar face to her, "Di!"

"Are you okay? I heard what happened with Aman," Anjali said guiltily while taking a seat opposite Khushi.

"I'm still in shock. What your brother did was wrong Di.. How can he just throw coffee on Aman's face? Aman was already apologizing to him and he didn't even let Aman speak.. I was too numb at that moment.." Khushi said, shutting her eyes tightly momentarily as if trying to get rid of that disturbing incident memories of her mind.

"I seriously don't know what to say Khushi. I'm myself shocked with Arnav's behavior.. he stayed long time away from us.. I didn't have an idea that he has become so short tempered like this. And now I'm really regretting to recommend you his PA post," Anjali said guiltily.

"You don't need to say sorry Di. It wasn't your fault. He should be the one apologizing to Aman and Aman should have taken an action against him, but no.. he chose to stay quiet over this matter," Khushi said frowning slightly.

"Do you want to quit?" Anjali asked her, "You know.. I was the one who got you involved you in this.. and I can help you to-"

"Di, please calm down. You knew I was looking for a good job to help bhaiya financially with the house and my wedding expenses and you recommended this one to me. You didn't know this unfortunate incident was going to happen. And as much as I'm having mixed feelings about working for your brother, I'm helpless right now... I can't quit. Shyam bhaiya's business is not doing well right now, I just can't see my brother coming home every day tensed with bills, expenses and on top of that my wedding preparations about to start in a few months. I know he wonders how he's going to get the money for all this. That's why I decided to help him by working here as your brother's personal assistant. The salary here for PA is very high when compared to other companies, it will really help me at this moment. You know I couldn't completed my education, so it's going to be really complicated to get another good job like this for me again," Khushi said.

"I understand," Anjali nodded her head, then held Khushi's hand and pressed it lightly.

"Di.. I'm afraid of your brother when he gets to know that I'm his PA now," Khushi bit her lower lips nervously, "I wonder what would be his reaction when he sees me.. I was sitting with Aman here when he came suddenly."

Anjali gulped as she herself didn't know what her brother would do to Khushi in these circumstances.

***************************************************************************

Sometime later..

Khushi walked out of the cafeteria with Anjali as the employees were being called by the peons to join AR's multi-purpose corporate auditorium to announce the retirement of Arvind Singh Raizada and introduce Arnav Singh Raizada as the new CEO of AR.

Khushi was looking around searching for Aman, she sighed impatiently as she checked her phone to see if she got a reply of the message she sent to him asking where he was. Anjali looked at her smiling apologetically, "Khushi sorry.. I'll have to go now. Mom and Dad must be waiting for me."

"Yeah.. sure," Khushi looked up at Anjali as she smile a little assuring Anjali that she would be fine alone, "Aman must be coming too. Don't worry Di.. you can go."