Chapter 19 - Yeh aisa hai phir bhi, apna isko maana!

Khushi checked her wristwatch, and it read 5:07 pm. She grinned as she was getting closer to get back home and then shifted her attention to the draft email on her laptop screen as she continued to work with an increased speed now that she knew there were only a few minutes left until work time was over. 

She couldn't wait to get back home, have a special dinner with her brother, and then sleep like there's no tomorrow. And then she had other plans for the weekend. She was too excited about it.

She was humming "Deewana hai dekho" song from K3G movie while typing, when suddenly she heard the door of her boss's cabin open. She stopped humming immediately and sat straight, pretending as if she was entirely focused on her work.

Khushi stealthily glanced at him when he faced his back to her, walking through the corridor towards the lift, but then he caught her off guard when he turned around and started taking steps in her direction. She quickly looked at her laptop screen as she thought he was coming to talk to her, but again, he confused her by turning to the opposite direction again.

She frowned slightly, staring at him and realised he wasn't actually going anywhere. He was just pacing back and forth the corridor area. She noticed his restless look, the loosened knot of his black tie, and if she was not mistaken, the man seemed to be sweating too.

After observing his unusual behaviour for a few more seconds, Khushi got up from her chair and rushed to fetch water for him from the water dispenser placed next to her cabin set up. She walked to him and stood behind him, calling for him meekly, "Sir.."

Arnav turned to her, continuously blinking his eyes as if trying to remain focused on what she was about to say to him.

Khushi could see from his eyes that he wasn't feeling well. Breaking her formal demeanour, she asked in a concerned tone, "Arnav ji aap theek hai na? (Are you okay?). Do you want water?" she extended her hand, showing him the glass of water she was holding.

Arnav lifted his hand in an attempt to reach the glass of water but ended up stumbling backwards as he closed his eyes, pressing his temple with his fingers.

Khushi became alerted when she watched his unsteady steps. She quickly held him by his arm in a reflex to not let him fall, staring at him worriedly, "Arnav ji."

Arnav shoved her hand off his arm as he said in a rude tone, "Don't.. touch me."

Khushi stared at him offended. She thought he asked her not to touch him because of their class and status difference and that he was looking down upon her because she's his employee who can't touch her boss. Or he was thinking that she's using this opportunity to get close to him or take advantage of this situation. She frowned slightly at him and said before heading back to her desk, "I was just trying to help you, Sir."

Although she was feeling angry and insulted with the insensitive tone, he used to ask her not to touch him. She knew he wasn't feeling well, and it wasn't the right time to leave him alone. If something bad happened to him and she knows she was right there and still didn't do anything to help him, then she would never be able to forgive herself.

Leaving her anger aside, she looked back at him when she reached her desk to check on him. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw him reach the wall for support, unable to hold himself upright.

Keeping the glass of water on her desk, she ran towards him and held him firmly again by his arms. Arnav tried to remove her hand again, but this time, she stubbornly tightened her grip on his arm, "Stop it, okay.. you're not feeling well.. let me help you," she scolded him.

Arnav barely heard what she said as he was feeling dizzy, going weak on his knees, and slowly, his body was losing strength to balance himself. He slumped against the wall and then collapsed on the floor.