Chapter 15 - Siblings bond!

Gupta House..

Shyam silently watched his sister, setting their dinner table, completely lost in her thoughts. It wasn't normal for his Khushi to stay quiet for this long. He understood this kind of behaviour from her in the first few days after she broke engagement with Aman. But after she recovered from the heartbreak, she was back to her usual sunshine girl mode.

He tip toed towards her and stood behind her, shaking her vigorously by her arms. 

Khushi gasped, startled as she gave a small jump in fright and only relaxed when she realized it was her brother who, behind this, she whined, "Bhaiyaaa.. you scared me! Mujhe aisa laga kisi buri aatma ne mujhe pakad liya (I felt as if an evil spirit had caught hold of me)."

Shyam chuckled as he withdrew his hands from her and stood beside her now, "Now you're talking like my Titaliya. Tell me, what happened? Why are you so quiet? Won't you share with your brother today's episode of 'Khushi - ASR's PA' daily soap?"

Khushi giggled softly, hearing him using the  title she gave to her life in AR as Arnav's assistant. Since every day in AR, she faces some kind of daily soap drama, and later at night, she shares everything with her brother. She found this interesting way to share what happens in her corporate life with her brother. Every day, she comes back from office, and their conversation starts with "Guess karo aaj ke episode mein kya hua (Guess what happened in today's episode)"

"It's nothing. I'm on periods, na. Isliye mood swings," Khushi replied.

"When you're on your periods, you behave more hyper, Khushi," he reminded her with a don't-lie-to-me look.

"Arey aisa kuch nahi hai. It's nothing, really. I'm fine," Khushi averted her gaze, pushing her chair back. She sat on her chair and pouted, "Let's eat now. I'm hungry!"

Shyam glanced at her suspiciously before pulling his chair and sitting next to her, "We promised to never lie to each other, but it seemed like you forgot about it."

Khushi gulped. She didn't want to share what Anjali said to her about Aman. She knows her brother is fond of Anjali. He likes her, but he won't say it openly or even think about a relationship at the moment. And she feels like even Anjali likes her brother, but even she's shy and hesitates to admit her feelings for Shyam.

If she says to her brother what Anjali thinks, she should give another chance to Aman. Her brother would be disappointed with her. And she didn't want Shyam to think bad of Anjali and distance himself from her.

"Khushi," Shyam patted her shoulder gently, staring at her lost in her thoughts again, "If you don't want to share it with me now, that's okay.. tell me later.. when you feel comfortable telling me. OK? Now eat your food, please. In fact, I've a better idea..  let's have dinner, and then we go out and roam around.. I'll buy you dahi papdi chaat too. What say?"

Khushi turned her face sideways to look at him, "It's not that I don't want to share with you, bhaiya. It's just.. I'm afraid of your reaction. I don't want to spoil things."

Shyam frowned as he turned serious, "Aman ne kuch kiya kya? (Did Aman do something?)"

"He always keeps doing something or other to grab my attention. I ignore him. But it's not about him that I'm talking about," Khushi looked at him hesitant, "Voh.. it's.."

"Khushi bolo! Don't create suspense like Crime Patrol," Shyam said impatiently.

"It's Di!"

"Anjali?" Shyam asked again, wondering what Anjali could have possibly done to make his sister upset.

Khushi nodded her head, lowering her eyes.

"What did she say to you that made you upset?" Shyam asked in a serious tone.