Chapter 5 - Good or evil?

Sometime later..

"Miss Gupta, bring a glass of water to my cabin," Khushi heard her boss's command. She looked up to see him, who had stepped out of the elevator with an elder man by his side, and they halted their steps some five feet away from her desk.

"Do you want anything else, Kaka? Chai, ya coffee?" Arnav asked as he shifted his attention to Mohan Kaka, who was holding a bag with his clean clothes, on his hand.

Mohan Kaka shook his head with a smile filled with gratitude for the way Arnav was treating a mere servant like him with respect, "Nahi nahi. Paani hi theek hai (no no, water is fine for me.)"

Arnav narrowed his eyes at Mohan Kaha before turning his head to Khushi, "Miss Gupta, chai and snacks too."

"Arey beta.. iski kya jaroorat hai-"

"Chup.. bilkul chup!" Arnav raised his index finger to his lips, gesturing Mohan Kaka to not say a word now.

Khushi smiled widely, watching the old man feeling all nervous and shy to be offered tea and snacks by Arnav. But before Arnav scolded her for standing still, she started walking towards the elevator when Arnav called her back.

She rushed back to him obediently.

"Miss Gupta!" Arnav rolled his eyes, and Khushi pouted, confused, thinking to herself, "Ab maine kya kiya? (What did I do now?)"

"Call the peon to bring here tea and snacks. You don't need to go downstairs to the cafeteria for this," he said in an annoyed tone.

Khushi bit her tongue and hit her forehead in response, "Ye toh main bhul hi gayi (I forgot this)," then she frowned accusingly as she bluntly asked, "Why didn't you tell me this before when I went to order coffee for you?"

Arnav looked at her incredulously, "What the.. Was I hired here to teach how you are supposed to complete your tasks as a personal assistant? And watch your tone, Miss Gupta, you're talking with your boss right now.. I won't tolerate this behaviour of yours."

Realisation that she indeed crossed the line dawned upon her, as she looked down ashamed, apologising for her behaviour.

Arnav ignored her, taking Mohan Kaka with him to his cabin. Khushi rushed back to her small cabin and quickly called the cafeteria to send water, tea, and snacks to their floor with a peon before more scoldings came her way from her short tempered boss.

*****************************************

Inside Arnav's cabin, a highly irritated Arnav complained to Mohan Kaka, who sat on the chair opposite his, "See.. this is the result of hiring unprofessional people with no experience in their field like her. You were getting emotional by thinking I'm firing a girl who was struggling with her wedding's expenses, and I was thinking logically and practically when I took that decision."

"But Arnav beta, if no one gives her a chance, then how would she get experience anyway?"

Arnav frowned, getting irritated with Mohan Kaka too now, who was hell-bent on defending his good for nothing except making coffee PA, "Kaka, please.. don't start giving me lectures. Handling a multinational company like AR is no joke, I needed a highly competent professional to assist me. And you want me to sit here and act like a Godfather to that girl when there are so many other talented and competent people out there who rightfully deserved this job as my PA."

Mohan Kaka lowered his eyes, ashamed, "Sorry beta."

"You should be sorry only. I'm only tolerating this girl because of you," Arnav narrowed his eyes at him, "Now give me my clothes."