70. Mehendi & Sangeet

Start from the beginning

My brothers sat beside me once they completed their work and we all talked for a while before Mamu called them for some work. When it was time for the ritual to start, Daksh's Maa sa and Chachi sa along with his grandmother and cousins came to me with a platter full of Mehendi cones. I touched everyone's feet and took blessings. Mumma and Maa sa applied a dot of mehendi on both my hands and for the first time, Maa sa kissed my forehead with a smile and blessed me. I felt accepted and a wide grin appeared on my face. Then, they all left to talk to guests leaving me with the youngsters to get our Mehendi done. 

As I roamed my eyes over every corner to earn a glimpse of my Man I heard all the girls chuckle but he was nowhere to be found. Where is he? Isn't he going to be here? But he would have informed me if he was not coming. 

"Bhabi, stop making faces. Bhai sa will be here in 5 minutes," I heard Akansha say and everyone started to giggle. My cheeks turned hot as I felt a blush creep onto my neck and cheeks. I looked away to hide my blush and replied in a normal tone, " I was not looking for him," 

"Sure!" Everyone sang at the same time and a series of laughter followed after that. I was about to reply to them when my eyes landed on Daksh who just walked in with his one hand in his pant pocket and the other taking off his shades. He was wearing an off-white Rajasthani suit which fit him perfectly and added a touch of royalty to his enchanting personality. 

He gave me a vibrant smile when our eyes met and walked to me. With every step he took my heartbeat rose and the redness of my cheeks started to turn a shade darker. Everything else seemed to fade as we both got lost in each other's eyes and the way he was looking at me, like I was the only one in this world made my heart flutter in sheer delight. 

"You are looking breathtakingly beautiful," He whispered in my ear tucking a hair strand behind my ear as he sat beside me. Butterflies danced in my tummy at his comment and by now I must have turned into a tomato.

"You are looking handsome, too" I complimented with a small smile and he graced me with one of his own vibrant smiles.

"When I have a wife like you, I am bound to be handsome," his voice laced with teasing and I leaned onto him, trying to hide my blushing self from others without harming my mehendi which was still not even half done. He chuckled wrapping his hands around my shoulders.

"Bhabi maa," Abhi's voice made me move away from him and he glared at Abhi with a poker face making me chuckle lightly.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked and I shook my head in denial. He nodded at me and left after winking at Aksh who groaned in reply.

"Don't you have guests to attend, Mr. Chauhan?" I raised my brow at him nudging him playfully. The Mehandi artist winced in irritation and that made Daksh glare at the poor soul. I muttered a small sorry to her and caressed Daksh's hand with my free one. He looked down at me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"You didn't answer my question," I reminded him.

"I have but I prefer being with Mrs. Chauhan now," He wrapped his hand around my waist and placed his head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a while after which Rakshit took Daksh to meet someone.

"Are you hungry?" I heard Hithu ask after an hour and I nodded at him vigorously. By now, my one and half-hand was done as two more Mehendi artists joined the previous one to complete the work quickly.  

"I will bring something for you, " With that he disappeared into the crowd and came back with my other two brothers, each of them holding a plate filled with different food items. Hithu fed me a few bites of Roti while Dev bhai fed a few morsels of rice and matar to bhabi and Anayya fed poori to Vadina. Then, all of them started feeding the three of us with everything they bought.