47. Don't wanna go

Daksh

I have been trying to get her attention for the past half an hour but she was hell-bent on not giving any attention to me. When she asked me about keeping another box of chocolates she was so cute, she was looking like a baby asking for extra chocolate and I couldn't stop myself from laughing. 

"Kitten,"

"Chaithu,"

"Jaan,"

"Jaana,"

"Baby,"

"Love,"

"Wifey,"

"Biwi ji,"

"Oye Pellam,"

(Oye, wife)

As soon as the word left my mouth her head snapped towards me with the speed of the light. Thank god, something worked.

"You know Telugu?" She asked amusement and surprise evident in her tone. I started learning Telugu a few days back. I learned a few words, mainly relations as I didn't want any confusion after the last time when she introduced me as her cousin.

"I want to, I managed to learn a few words," I answered and she grinned ear to ear and jumped onto me kissing my cheeks repeatedly. Thank god, I was not driving or else her excitement would get us into an accident as my brain stopped working the moment her soft petals touched my body.

" You looked so cute while asking for chocolates baby, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I am sorry," I apologized hugging her and she pulled back smiling at me.

"I am sorry, I overreacted," she said with her eyes looking down at her hands. I held her hands and kissed the back of her palm.

"Had a bad day at college?" I asked.  She gets too much excited at one moment and the next moment her mood changes completely. 

"No, I am just having mood swings. It doesn't always happen, but I will become more cranky when it does. Sorry," she spoke again and I think I know what happened to her.

"Are you on your period?" I asked and she nodded slightly confirming my thoughts. I nodded at her and drove off. I parked the car near a supermarket and she gave me a confused look. 

"Wait for me," I instructed and got out of the car. I bought her all the necessities I brought for my sisters, her favorite chips, a few pastries, and a hot water pack. I know she must be having all those at her hostel too but I want to make sure she has everything she needs. What if she doesn't have a few of them?

"Why did you bring all those?" she asked me her eyes wide open as I neared the car. She got out of the car and opened the back door for me so that I could keep the stuff in. She took the soft teddy cushion I bought and placed it on her lap folding her legs in the seat and making herself comfortable.

"You want another cushion in the back?" I asked to which she shook her head. I gave her a juice I bought and she started sipping on it while I started driving. 

"Are you going to drop me at hostel?" She asked, her voice low as if she didn't want to go back. Honestly, I don't want to let her go either.

"You don't want to?" I asked hoping for a positive reply from her. I don't know what we will be doing if she doesn't want to go but I just want to be with her I don't want this night to end.

"What if I say no?" She asked, her voice filled with a glint of hope and anticipation, I couldn't stop the smile that broke out on my face and nodded at her making her smile.

"Do you want to go somewhere specific?" I queried and she shook her head making me chuckle at her. I drove to one of my guesthouses. I opened the door for her and we walked in after handing the car keys to the watchman. I could have taken her somewhere if she was not in her periods. I don't want her to strain herself and it must be quite irritating.

"You go and freshen up, I will arrange something for our entertainment," I said pointing to my room and she went away nodding at me. I kept the clothes I arranged for her on the bed and walked into the kitchen to prepare a hot chocolate for us along with some popcorn.

"Daksh," I heard her calling with footsteps approaching.

"In the kitchen, Jaan!" I called out and she walked in wearing the nightsuit I arranged for her. It feels so homely looking at her in nightwear while I am preparing snacks for us late at night. I noticed the water droplets falling from her hair onto her face and disappearing into her clothes making me lose my sanity and concerned at the same time.

"Jaan, why didn't you dry your hair?" I asked tucking a hair strand behind her ear while she gave that innocent look that always melts my heart.

"Maybe I was so lost in the smell of hot chocolate and popcorn that made me come here rushing," she uttered sheepishly making me chuckle. I took hold of her hand and guided her into the room. I handed over the towel to her and she started drying her hair while I went back to get the hot chocolate and popcorn.

I set them in the living room and walked back into the bedroom to get her. I helped her dry her hair and she tied her hair using a clutch and we walked out after that. We settled on the big sofa and I handed over her hot chocolate to her. She took a sip and moaned at the taste but it affected me in a wrong way making me groan internally.

"Shall we watch a movie?" she asked and I nodded smiling forwarding her the remote. I sat back, relaxing as she surfed through the OTT platforms to select a movie. She selected a Malayalam movie.

"Do you know Malayalam?" I asked her amused at which she shook her head no making me raise a brow in a questioning manner.

"We can take the help of subtitles," She shrugged and leaned back with her hand resting on her stomach. I bought the hot pack and passed it to her at which she gave me a flying kiss making me chuckle at her and kiss her forehead.

We started watching the movie and within a few minutes, she leaned on me with her head resting on my shoulder and our fingers intervened. She drew random patterns on my palms with her fingers snuggling into me as I kissed her forehead. The feeling of having her in my arms while she comfortably rested her head on my chest, playing with my fingers made me feel content. It is an amazing feeling to have your love in your arms snuggling into your warmth and rest peacefully seeking comfort in your embrace and providing you the same amount of peace and comfort.

As the movie progressed she made me eat some popcorn while feeding herself and I had to pass her tissues at emotional scenes or I had to wipe her tears at times as she was so much invested into the movie. We have watched emotional movies before too when we were in Udaipur but she was not that affected back then. It must be her period hormones.

"Daksh, do you love me?" she asked suddenly looking at me with her eyes full of curiosity and hope. I nodded at her pulling her closer, and kissing her hair before whispering,

"More than anything in this world,"

"Was it love at first sight?" she questioned further making me think of an answer. I don't know how I fell for her. The process of falling for her was so natural that it felt as if it was destined to happen. As if we were each other's destiny and when we met, everything else stopped to matter if it was not related to her. I can see the same love for me in her eyes but she doesn't seem to realize it just yet or maybe she doesn't want to accept it just yet.

*************************************************************************************

Hey, my dear readers! 

Here is the next update.

I also have a request for you. Please follow me on my Instagram account:nidhi181002
We can interact there and have funny segments when we get enough count.

Love you all and be safe!