4.Sneaking Out

Happy Sri Rama Navami readers! May lord Ram bless you and your families with all the prosperity, love and happiness! Keep smiling and spread it to others too!

********************************************************************************

Daksh

The preparations went on till the afternoon. After that all the coordinators went to get ready and we too left for home.

By the time we reached home the ladies are already busy getting ready. After what felt like an eternity they are all ready. I went to my room to get changed.

I came down and we left for the venue after the ladies had their final touch-up

The principal received us along with few other faculty. We walked in with them but my eyes are searching for that one face. Yes Chaitra. She is nowhere to be found. And after sometime the host invited us on to the dais.

"Now I request Chaitra to present our Chief Guest a bouquet and a badge." The host announced and my heart started dancing at the thought of seeing her.

She came holding a bouquet of red and white roses wearing a yellow and pink half-saree. She is looking like an angel out of heaven. I can't take my eyes away.

She handed me the bouquet and our fingers touched for a brief moment sending shivers down my spine

She handed me the bouquet and our fingers touched for a brief moment sending shivers down my spine. She smiled at me and started attaching badge to my coat using a pin. She is standing very close to me and I doubt my ability to control myself from hugging her. I want to feel her scent. I controlled myself with great difficulty. When she was done she again smiled at me and left from there. I kept looking in the direction she went.

After sometime the prize distribution started. Finally it's time for the students with excellent academic performance. And the first name was Chitra. She was best in almost every subject and co-curricular activities. After the name was announced she came on to the stage.

"She is best in extra-curriculars too" Principal sir included.

She came towards me.

"I didn't know you are a topper too." I whispered to her.