Chapter 162: Land Of Blood Mist

Start from the beginning

Although Yu could use Kaio's abilities to bring Shisui and others into Kirigakure Ninja Village from the alternate space of the Door Door Fruit and then emerge using the air door, he had already exposed some of Kaio's capabilities earlier.

As a Devil Puppet with immense utility in spatial manipulation, Kaio serves as one of Yu's trump cards, and unless absolutely necessary, Yu prefers not to reveal too much of his cards to others.

Additionally, it's worth noting that given Yu's current level of training and development in Devil Law, Kaio has two main methods of using spatial movement.

The first method involves Air Door to enter an alternate space and move to the destination before opening a gate to normal world, but this is applicable only to places Kaio hasn't visited before.

The second method is applicable to places Kaio has been to before and recorded. In such cases, Kaio can use Air Door anytime, anywhere, directly reaching the recorded location.

In other words, as long as Yu desires, he can have Kaio open a door in the air at any moment, instantly returning to Konoha or any place he has visited before.

In theory, Yu is now similar to Uchiha Obito. Unless someone seizes the opportunity to assassinate him in an instant, he can stand invincible.

...

The sunlight pierced through the damp mist above the sea, casting a lazy glow on Yu's face. The lethargic atmosphere made him feel a bit drowsy, so Yu decided to summon Toshogun and freeze a large ice sofa on the sea surface. He sat on it, closed his eyes, and began refining his chakra.

Anyway, with Observation Haki's detection and Toshogun's protection, Yu doesn't have the slightest worry about his safety.

In a daze, time seemed to pass without notice. Suddenly, the evening sun dyed the entire sea red, and Yu, who was refining his chakra with closed eyes, was awakened by a commotion.

"Kill them!!"

"Chase them! Don't let those few escape!!"

"They are Konoha ninjas! Don't let them get away!!"

Accompanied by the sound of battle cries, the once calm sea seemed to tremble with unrest.

"Hmm?"

Yu opened his eyes and, rising from the large ice sofa, listened to the commotion coming from the distance.

On the sea's horizon, a black line was approaching, and it turned out to be a dense group of ninjas, vigorously chasing four black dots ahead—Shisui's team.

"Yu! Hurry! Kirigakure has found us!"

Shisui, desperately utilizing Body Flicker Jutsu, ran while dodging a multitude of shurikens thrown from behind. He shouted loudly towards Yu.

"Damn!"

Witnessing this scene, Yu was completely dumbfounded.

"What the heck?"

Just a moment ago, he considered Shisui reliable, and now, after a short nap, he feels like he's been betrayed.

"Chase them! Don't let them escape!"

"That guy stole crucial intelligence from our village! Kill them!"

"They are ninjas from Konoha's Uchiha Clan! We must not let them go back!!"

A large group of Mist Shinobi, crazily shouting, pursued behind Shisui's team. Countless shurikens, kunai, and ninjutsu were thrown as if they were free.

Shisui's team, in a sorry state, evaded the continuous onslaught from behind, yelling at Yu to hurry.

"Isn't this too much of a set-up?"

Seeing Shisui's team bringing a large group of Mist Shinobi towards him, Yu's immediate reaction was to turn around and leave with them.

However, as he turned, he noticed a considerable number of ninjas approaching from the distant sea. Yu speculated that these were the Mist Shinobi who were conducting the inspection in the Water Country earlier. They probably realized their comrades were controlled by Genjutsu and informed other Mist Shinobi to pursue.

'Oh, damn...'

Shisui, what happened to your Kotoamatsukami? Why use a regular Genjutsu!

Seeing this scene, Yu's face turned green. Although he wasn't worried about his safety with his current strength, a mission involving gathering intelligence shouldn't escalate like this.

As Shisui and the others reached Yu, the Mist Shinobi who had surrounded them from front to back had formed an encirclement. All around them were densely packed ninjas, making escape seemingly impossible.

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter