𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ

𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟'𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚

⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ

It was a lie. 

And Taehyun was an excellent liar. Both to himself and others.

Beomgyu had came crashing into his world in the most unexpected and twisted form. 

The boy was practically a carbon copy of his classmate, who rivalled him academically and was one of the most popular students in their high school for his clean looks. His classmate was one of a kind. He was extremely clever, guileful and deceptive. It didn't make him a horrible person, but he was selfish and only good to others when needed. Taehyun didn't quite like him, probably because they were too similar. But he didn't mind him since he knew he was still the best and the better one. 

The problem with the boy who looked exactly like his classmate was that he was one of a kind too, in a completely different way. With such brilliant and innocent eyes, his world seemed to be filled with only good and no evil. A white canvas with the faintest paint and the most mellow strokes. He was beautiful. Entirely opposite of his classmate who had his canvas filled with harsh and bold strokes of black. 

Why did he have to appear when Taehyun was finally getting bored again with the exact same face of his classmate that he didn't get along too well? 

It was an opportunity, a gift for him. It was what he believed. 

Alas, he was wrong. 

Beomgyu, the boy with a pure heart and pretty ideals was a challenge to Taehyun. It was a test that he was bound to fail from the beginning. 

Beomgyu's beautiful and unique world triumphed over Taehyun's superficial and solemn world. 

Beomgyu with his pretty lips. Beomgyu with his cute stammers. Beomgyu with his hardwork. Beomgyu with his developing courage and confidence. Beomgyu with Taehyun's heart. 

Despite the cruel world he had shown Beomgyu, the struggles he had put him through, Beomgyu's world still remained beautiful, with a few black strokes, well balanced with the other prevailing colours. His innocent determination was still present, a driving force for him to achieve his goals. He knew how to balance the good and bad. He wasn't blinded. He was smart. And Taehyun might have liked this better than what he initially wanted. 

Give and giving. Taehyun gave Beomgyu more than he had to. Experiences, gifts, chances, support... Taehyun gave him everything that he could offer. And he wondered what Beomgyu would be like if he had given him nothing. Would he still live as obliviously as he was in the past? Stuck in his blissful little bubble? Would he have not considered going to university and start working right away instead?

Beomgyu had suffered because he gave him too much. Was giving the right choice?

It was. 

Beomgyu had to learn one way or another. He had to have experiences. He needed to grow. 

And perhaps, Taehyun was a little selfish too. If he had not given, then he wouldn't have gotten to know Beomgyu. He wouldn't be able to keep him by his side. 

Taehyun knew he could never have Beomgyu, even when the latter initiated a kiss. But, he would play along, because he loved him and wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. 

Beomgyu was not his dream. Because Taehyun never had one, and thus Beomgyu could never be one too. Dreams are supposed to be beautiful. Beomgyu is stunning, but he was more like a nightmare to Taehyun. Dreams are supposed to end well, but Beomgyu? It will never end well between them. They may love each other. However, their story would be a tragic one that resembles a nightmare.