𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ

𝐴 𝑡𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒

⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ

Beomgyu didn't know if he liked Taehyun, he wondered if he ever did. Or was he just being easily swayed by his actions and that incidental discovery of his saved contact name? He firmly believed love was not to be forced, but right now, he really couldn't tell what he was feeling, or even his feelings were genuine. He didn't want to make a mistake, but Taehyun was all he could think of right now even as he was engulfed in a hug by his parents when he broke the news of his national exam grades to them. 

The bashful smile on his face wasn't because of his parents' enthusiastic congratulating, but because of the thought that he was Taehyun's top priority. 

It made him happy. It would make anyone happy if they were someone's top priority; he reasoned. Beomgyu didn't know why he was Taehyun's top priority, but the fact that he was made him feel a little special, and he realised it had always been this way. 

Taehyun had always made him feel special and significant. 

Or perhaps he had disregarded himself too often, and just a tiny reassurance from Taehyun had made him ten times better. But again, Taehyun had no reason to, yet he did it, and he was always there for Beomgyu.

At the beginning, Taehyun was only there to use him, always saying cryptic things. Eventually, it didn't feel that way anymore. Taehyun was genuine, and even though he still said the strangest things Beomgyu could never understand, the intentions behind his words were different. 

Taehyun's smile was pretty and cute. Beomgyu was able to see them more often than not recently. 

Taehyun still shone in his eyes and carried an air of formidableness, but it had tone down whenever they were alone. 

Taehyun had always cared for him. Sieun had said he was the kindest, the most caring among the Kang siblings, Beomgyu had a hard time believing it, but now he could see it. 

When they went out to eat for the first time with his friends, Beomgyu had found his bowl always full of food and never empty, and it was filled by none other than Taehyun. 

When Taehyun still used him as an art model, Beomgyu would talk about almost everything, and Taehyun would quietly listen to him, never asking him to shut up. 

When Taehyun ate his one hell creation of cookies for the first time, he never complained and asked to have every one of them. Beomgyu only knew they tasted like trash afterwards. 

All these happened before the change, which only solidified Beomgyu's observation of Taehyun's natural caring side. 

He let out a small scoff, those were such obvious hints, but he had remained oblivious and refused to acknowledge them. 

Taehyun had taught him to open his eyes, but Beomgyu opened his eyes for him the last.

"Let's go out for dinner to celebrate tonight" his mom had suggested with a beaming smile, proud of the son that had always fell a little behind of the other.

"Okay" Beomgyu returned the smile, though he knew his parents didn't dare to talk about what should happen next for him. They didn't have the money to support him for university because they already used them up for Beomhan. 

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. ˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩.

"Beomgyu."