𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ

𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑

⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ

He watched as the first drop of rain collided with the glass, then slowly rolling down, leaving a wet trace. He listened to the gentle taps of the water hitting the window panes, eyes gazing up at the gloomy sky, wondering how something as colourless as water could make clouds so dark.

Rain could be associated many things; love, sadness, the grey and blue, grief, comfort, a memory. It's a poetry on its own with each drop signifying a new beginning, or an ending. Each drop could represent a music note, and rain, made out of those tiny music notes, could be a song of someone's life.

To the simple minded boy, however, rain only meant distraction.

He could not stop watching the rain, his hand mindlessly stroking the back of the white fluffy cat that sat on his lap as he stared out of the window from the desk he was sitting at with an empty head. The only concerns he had were how he was supposed to get home later, and if his twin had brought an umbrella out with him ashe was out shopping for his dorm necessities.

"...gyu. Beomgyu."

The boy turned around, feeling a twinge of guilt when he was caught lacking focus. He opened his mouth to apologise, but a flash of lightning followed by an ear splitting thunder beat him to it. And it startled both the boy himself and the cat on his lap, which jumped down to the floor and left the study room with elegant steps. Perhaps it wasn't the thunder that alarmed the feline, but the body jolt that the boy had as a reaction to the deafening thunder.

His heart palpitated loudly at the unexpected, rivalling the now storming rain out of the comfort of the room.

"Are you that distracted?" Taehyun asked, his tone seemingly unamused, carrying a small hint of annoyance.

Beomgyu stared at him for a second, noticing how the other didn't seem too patient on this particular day. Taehyun had his brows furrowed, lips pulled into a thin line and index finger taping on the desk impatiently. He was in a bad mood.

"I'm sorry..." the long haired apologised, swallowing the nervous lump in his throat. He casted his eyes back onto the ipad, trying his best to grasp the concept of "resting potential" Taehyun was teaching him about.

"If you can't focus, then there's no point studying" the silver haired snapped and turned off the ipad, much to Beomgyu's shock.

"Tae-"

"Why don't you go home now?" Taehyun coldly suggested as he stored the ipad away, keeping his desk tidy and neat.

The long haired boy watched in disbelief, his eyes wide as he glanced up at Taehyun, unable to say a word in his state of shock.

What had gotten into Taehyun? And it literally just stormed. How could he be so heartless? He thought Taehyun was nice to him.

After his initial shock, displeasure and anger surfaced. Beomgyu's face morphed into an upset one, his lips downturned and brows frowning deeply, eyes burning holes into Taehyun's face. He wasn't going home like this and cry like a pitiful helpless person with no backbone. That wasn't who he was. He might have appeared vulnerable and weak, but Beomgyu was not someone who would easily accept being ridiculed and falsely accused, not when this was just a one time thing and Taehyun was being absolutely unreasonable.