𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ 

𝐴 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛

⋆。˚. ੈ⋆。˚. ੈ ⋆。˚. ੈ.✾. ⋆。˚. ੈ

One change Beomgyu had noticed about himself was that he had gotten much more aware of his surroundings. He had started to observe the people around him, analysing their expressions and behaviours. And that was when he realised.

That Taehyun had successfully opened his eyes.

He saw the unjust in society through simple incidents that occurred in school. He saw the ugly emotions and malevolence behind people's actions.

The world didn't seem as innocent and simple as he used to believe it was anymore.

Beomgyu was an easy going person who got along with anyone just fine even if he harboured a little dislike for someone. He still is, but he had discovered that he held more judgments towards others now. He was more on guard, more aware and more cautious. Maybe it was a good thing, since he was no longer too oblivious and could now sense jealousy and malice towards him.

But Beomgyu was still not confident and still unsure about his own judgments. So he kept everything to himself, unable to confirm anything until something big happened that would validate his suspicions.

It wasn't obvious in the beginning, but he had started to notice how one of his classmates would try and steal opportunities given to him. 

Beomgyu and his classmate were selected to work on a non-school related news project, where their teacher had recommended Beomgyu as the anchor. The small group of students had agreed with the decision, except for his classmate who tried to steal his position by saying that he could do a better job as the news anchor. 

At first, Beomgyu didn't think much of it, being the slow and innocent person he was. He had silently thought that the others would do a better job as an anchor as well, considering that he didn't have the best articulation and had quite a lisp. 

"Beomgyu's voice is best suited for a new's anchor, and his accent is smooth and easy to listen to. He has a great presence and the perfect face too" was what their teacher in charge had said, surprising the boy himself.

"Huh?" Beomgyu had dumbly showed his confusion but accepted it eventually.

His classmate, however, didn't. Whenever Beomgyu practiced his lines, the other would nitpick his mistakes and brazenly practice along with him, claiming that he was the backup anchor if Beomgyu somehow fell sick on the day of filming. Beomgyu had frowned, finding it a little offensive. It's true that he falls sick rather easily, but somehow it sounded like a curse to Beomgyu.

"I won't be sick..." the long haired boy had muttered under his breath as his shoulders slumped discouragingly.

"You're doing great, Beomgyu."

"Thank y-you" Beomgyu had stuttered in between when he lifted his head up to face one of the group members, a female student from the class beside his. He blushed lightly, finding her beauty rather stunning and immaculate.

With round pretty eyes, a small face, heart shaped lips and dimples, she was definitely one of the lookers in school. And if Beomgyu had to be honest, she kind of reminded him of Taehyun. They didn't look too similar, but the resemblance was there, including their confident and reassuring tones.