Chapter 26 - Copilot

Start from the beginning

Blackout glared at the officer with a snarl, water rolled off his body.

"Why don't any of you believe me?!" She was a laughing stock.

"Don't come down here spouting your wet dreams, let us get back to ours." Nitrozeus grunted as he settled against the wall once more. Barricade grumbled a dry laugh.

Her face heated in anger. "Fuck you! Fuck all of you!" She cursed, stomping back up the stairs in a flurry.

She was swift to strip of her pajamas, trading the former for fresh cargo pants and a t-shirt. Hastily, she shoved the hem of the pants into her boots, slung the bag over her shoulder and erupted from the office once more.

"Inform, where are you going?" Soundwave inquired.

"I'll go by my fucking self."

"Let the human go, better off that way." Barricade supplied.

"And how far do you think your boots will get 'ya?" Nitrozeus jeered.

"If none of you will listen, then the entire way."

Laserbeak was swift to snatch her up from the ground, drawing her further back into the building confines. "Get off me!"

The bird chuckled darkly as he deposited her onto the concrete with an audible thud. 

"Laserbeak, keep her within the building limits." Soundwave ordered.

Lauren used her bag, striking the bot in the beak. "I made a promise and I intend to keep it!" Her tone was firm and commanding, echoing throughout the building. "Get out of my way."

Laserbeak chortled. "I wouldn't advise a confrontation." He chirruped. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

Adrenaline replaced the blood in her veins as she took an authoritative step forward, testing the decepticon who in turn squawked, following her movements with careful calculation. 

"We will be going." Blackout stated sternly, leaving no room for further debate.

Lauren's eyes shot up to face the mech in the darkness, the foreboding moonlight illuminated his silhouette.

"Negative. We were given direct orders to remain here until further word."

"Nice knowin' you. Won't be my ass this time." Nitrozeus gave a gesture of his hand, dropping to lay on his side, his back turned to the conversation. 

"Really? Do you have a way to find him?" She questioned fervently, desperation clung to her every word. 

"I can ping him and follow it within a six-hundred meter radius, insect."

Laserbeak trilled, his wings fanning out to make him appear larger. "I will only hurt you a little. Yes, only a bit." His long neck coiled as if ready to strike at a moments notice. 

"Move." Lauren demanded, eyes set in a deep glare as she clasped her bag.

Blackout grumbled something foreign, optics directed at the communications officer.

"Laserbeak, let the human go." Soundwave relented.

With a sharp inhale, Lauren strode past the bot, her head tilted high and breath held. She was close enough to feel the avian's hot breath along her neck.

The decepticons hissed between each other in their native tongue and she froze, bits of the language coming together in her mind. Her chest ached.

Furrowing her brows, her face contorted as the language filtered in and out brokenly.