twenty-six

Two months passed since the wedding of Joffrey Baratheon and Elowen Stark, two month since Ned Stark found out that the Crown was severely in debt, a month since the crown asked the Lannister's for money for the Hand's Tourney.

Two months in which Elowen Stark had not yet gotten with child, and while her family was happy that she had yet to become with child, the King was annoyed, and had been berating his son.

Although now that the third month started, the eleventh month of the year, Elowen could feel a change within herself, a change that she did not yet feel ready to share with anyone, not even her husband. Her twin sister, however, began to share this feeling of change, and approached her because of it, breaking the silence that had surrounded the two.

Sansa found her sister in the Gardens of the Keep, watching over Princess Myrcella as she weaved a crown of daisies.

"Sister." Sansa called, her voice weak and trembling, the hatred that she felt for her sister hadn't left her completely but it had lessened tremendously. It usually returned when Sansa saw the Crown Prince with her sister, holding her hand and always glued to her side, a look of possessivess on his features as he spoke to her or with other people around her.

Elowen lifted her head and covered her eyes from the sun, turning her face towards her sister. Despite being sore, from her rough encounters with her husband, Elowen stood with ease and approached her sister. "Sansa." Elowen greeted, watching as her twin sister dropped down slightly for a curtsy.

Yet another reminder of their new and different statuses.

"I wish to speak with you, if you are free." Sansa spoke, with a gentle tone that she'd last used before the Royal Family intruded on their lives. A gentle tone that Elowen had longed to hear once more, so she nodded and motioned to the stone bench near both of them, which allowed the two to still be able to see Myrcella.

"How may I help you sister?" Elowen questioned carefully, clutching the crown of daisies carefully.

Sansa looked at her sister, she could see gently bruises, in her opinion, peaking from her sister's cleavage, tracing up her collarbone, which Elowen always tried to hide, the fact that her sister's lips were swollen and her eyes shun. While Sansa might be innocent, she wasn't too oblivious, she knew of the marital act, though not what it entailed, and considering her sister was married, Sansa knew that she was doing so.

Sansa had wondered since the wedding how long it would take for Elowen to conceive an heir for the Throne, she wondered if they would wait until Elowen was no longer ten and three years of age, but as of late she felt as if, despite the marital consumation act, her sister was different.